Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Easy, delicious lunches to take to work
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:37 pm
Make "poke" bowls.

Prepare various grains/quinoa and store in containers for the week.
Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas. Have hard eggs ready. Cheeses. Deli meats.
And keep chopped veggies around (each in a separate container so it doesn't go bad). Same with dressings made ahead and kept in the fridge.

For lunches, take a prepared grain container from the fridge, add a section for protein, a section for veggies, and then put in a mini container of dressing.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Lol bagel and cream cheese every single day for me ✌️

Haha are you me??

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
My gd id be obese if I ate a bagel a day!! But oh how I wish

Lol I do this too and people tell me that but I’m like honestly how is it different than having any other carb for lunch? No one says that to people who have pbj sandwiches every day? 🤷‍♀️

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Lol I do this too and people tell me that but I’m like honestly how is it different than having any other carb for lunch? No one says that to people who have pbj sandwiches every day? 🤷‍♀️

A small bagel is equivalent to 4 breads. Most people are eating a sandwich consisting of 2 breads. Not 4 Twisted Evil

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
A small bagel is equivalent to 4 breads. Most people are eating a sandwich consisting of 2 breads. Not 4 Twisted Evil

That’s not what I’m seeing. I’m seeing 158 for 2 slices of bread and 245 for a small bagel. More but not quite the equivalent of 4 slices

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 6:01 pm
That’s not what I’m seeing. I’m seeing 158 for 2 slices of bread and 245 for a small bagel. More but not quite the equivalent of 4 slices

For me 2 slices of whole wheat bread is 120 calories combined (60 calories each).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 6:10 pm
I happen to eat bagels a lot and used to have for lunch often but I became tired of them and need a change. I found that with a filling lunch I smacked less.
Thanks for these ideas.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 6:44 pm
sleepwalking wrote:
I make a delicious quinoa salad.

Cook quinoa add olives, diced red pepper, and feta cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Its really filling and very tasty!

Yes, I do that too... minus the feta cheese, plus lemon, onion and parsley...

Or you could also do quinoa and red beans... very filling too...

ChanieMommy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 6:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I happen to eat bagels a lot and used to have for lunch often but I became tired of them and need a change. I found that with a filling lunch I smacked less.
Thanks for these ideas.

I think it's worthwhile to invest in a subdivided,non-leaky, plastic microwave tray (preferably recatangular, not round, for easier transport), because then you can really arrange a nice plate from your dinner, put it in the fridge and warm it up in the microwave the next day...

I also do a lot of salads, preferably 4-5 raw veggies (half a tomato, half a bell pepper, 5 cm cucumber, 1 chicoree, a cup of sweet corn). If I prepare the evening before, I put the sauce in a little plastic bag, tie it with a knot and put it in the box with the salad)

If you add two hardboiled, diced eggs to this salad, plus a few crackers, it's a full meal...
or a few slices of smocked slamon... or a chicken breast...

tweety1

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do u have a good recipe

Do you have the balabustas choice #1? It's in there. Pm me if not and I'll send it to you.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:29 pm

Not counting anyone’s calories but small bagel means Lenders or any commercial bagel that is actually small. A NY bagel is most definitely a large bagel

ces

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:28 pm
I take salmon and sugar snap peas almost every day. Sometimes pepper slices or green beans instead of the peas.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:51 pm
ces wrote:
I take salmon and sugar snap peas almost every day. Sometimes pepper slices or green beans instead of the peas.

How do you cook it? That sounds delicious.

QueensMama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:56 pm
ces wrote:

Are you not concerned about mercury levels in fish? From what I understand fish should not be eaten daily.

shaynala

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:06 am
I warm up a POW muffin (I think its power of wholesome? I found it in the freezer section of evergreen) before I leave the house with a hot coffee and bring it along, that keeps me for a few hours.
sometimes I bring a bagel with tuna and vegetable, but I find it's messy and I need the time to wash and eat it. speaking of calories, I tell the bagel place to scoop out the inside, they claim it saves you 75 calories, not sure but it feels dietetic Smile
I've also done sushi; it's really quick to eat...
I like the idea of the quinoa recipe, I wonder if that can be adapted for a pasta, I recently found a high fiber high protein pasta that is only 100 calories per cup, if I add olives, diced red pepper, feta cheese....that sounds yum...
what other pasta salad ideas are there that can be eaten room temp? there's no microwave where I work...

amother
Red

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:40 am
YYYY wrote:
Can you send a link?

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....210a4

YYYY

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:00 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....210a4

Does it take crazy long to warm up stuff since it's a slow cooker?

ces

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do you cook it? That sounds delicious.

I make a spice mix with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, chili powder, italian seasoning and cayenne and keep it in an empty spice container. I spray the salmon with Pam, sprinkle liberally with this mix, and broil for 15 minutes.

The veggies are raw, that's how I prefer them.

ces

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:35 pm
QueensMama wrote:
Are you not concerned about mercury levels in fish? From what I understand fish should not be eaten daily.

Farm raised salmon isn't super high in mercury. When I'm pregnant I struggle to find other good ideas

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:42 pm
YYYY wrote:
Does it take crazy long to warm up stuff since it's a slow cooker?

It takes about half an hour or so. Not a big deal for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics