Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Paying $150 monthly for Verizon Fios - Monsey.Other options?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:20 pm
Anyone know of a better plan
I have phone service/internet service

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:57 pm
We have optimum. Slowly increased and its up to $130.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:26 am
should I just make peace with shelling out this money every month?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:29 am
Get optimum internet for $40-60 and ATT phone for $30. Not as good quality internet as verizon.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:10 am
okay
that's one option

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:16 am
We started out with Optimum 4 years ago at 65/month. Slowly went up to about 120. We just switched to Verizon Fios and they gave us a good starting price of 90/month. We plan to change to Telzeq which uses Fios equipment but somehow offers better rates.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:03 am
Every few years I call them to renegotiate with them. They take off money and send a faster router.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:06 pm
I appreciate the replies ladies

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 8:36 pm
I just switched from Optimum to Verizon because Optimum bill was high ($130) a month. After I switched over, I called Optimum to cancel their service and they offered a much better deal: around $60 a month for phone and internet, besides for faster internet speed. I don’t know if Verizon will do the same but if you call and say you’re canceling their services, they may offer you a better deal. Optimum told me there are two different departments: customer service and retention, which deals with existing customers and tries to get them to stay as a customer. Good luck!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 9:55 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I just switched from Optimum to Verizon because Optimum bill was high ($130) a month. After I switched over, I called Optimum to cancel their service and they offered a much better deal: around $60 a month for phone and internet, besides for faster internet speed. I don’t know if Verizon will do the same but if you call and say you’re canceling their services, they may offer you a better deal. Optimum told me there are two different departments: customer service and retention, which deals with existing customers and tries to get them to stay as a customer. Good luck!

We tried this with Optimum, and they did not offer a better deal. So we went ahead and canceled them and got verizon. AFter verizon was installed, optimum called me with a good deal. I hung up the phone on them. Don't now, after I paid for installation of verizon, come back to me.

Also telzeq has great deals and works only with verizon equipment, so wehn verizon hikes their price that's our plan to switch to telzeq.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 9:56 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

After I switched to Verizon and called Optimum to cancel they offered me $107 for highest speed internet and 2 phone lines for LIFE. My bill will never go up. I gladly switched back because the phone line with Verizon here in Monsey was terrible and I hate dialing area code for local calls. Also, it is a little cheaper than Verizon which gave me no such freeze on the price.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 10:02 pm
Do you own your modem? If not you're paying unnecessary rental charges.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries