Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid and party
Previous  1  2

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't know what to do. Really need some advice. My sil is having a huge birthday for her 1 year old baby. About 50 to 60 people will be there. I highly doubt anyone will be masked.
I haven't really taken my kids anywhere crowded cause of this virus. I really don't want them to get it. I just feel like we don't know long term effects and I'd rather my kids not get it. I do send them to school though cause the school is really controlling everything well and kids are all masked. I don't know what to do here. Do we go to this party or not? I love my sil so much, I don't want to hurt anyone but at the same my kids health is really important. I'm not sure if going to a party for a few hours and chas vshalom someone getting sick is worth it. BTW my sil is amazing and she totally would understand if we didn't go cause she knows we don't go anywhere. I just feel so bad for my kids if I don't take them. But I guess ill feel worse if I take them and someone gets sick. Pls help me.

IY"H you will go to her baby's party next year. You know the right thing to do as hard as it is.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:00 pm
What do you guys about showing up towards the end of the party. When not many people are there? Or is that just not painful for my older kids to see what they missed out on?

WhatFor

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you guys about showing up towards the end of the party. When not many people are there? Or is that just not painful for my older kids to see what they missed out on?

If they don't know about the party, I don't see the point in telling them. Bringing them at the end would probably not be fun. Imagine walking in to a party already over, cake already cut (maybe a piece saved?) What's the point? Regarding other responses, I disagree with asking SIL to send anything from the party, IMO that would be a bit rude if you're not showing up. And zoom can be counterproductive if your kids can see everyone else partying, and the attendees will probably not be interested in entertaining people via zoom, so it'll just be kids watching other kids party.

Do a fun activity with them that day to distract them and hopefully no one says anything. People don't usually talk about 1 yr old's birthday parties for ages, but if someone later does bring it up, you can just say "we didn't go because I was concerned about COVID". It's easier for a kid to find out they missed a party months or a year ago than that they missed a party that day or the other day. Especially if they find out after restrictions are already over so they don't need to be concerned about it happening again.

If it makes a difference, I think you're doing the wise thing.

imasinger

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What if you tell her you don't do crowds, bit want to support her, so you'll come an hour BEFORE it starts, and help out? Possibly with your kids if they can handle it. Bring a present.

The kids will probably go home with some treats, she'll be happy for the help, and you'll avoid the crowds.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:47 pm
Ask your dr. and then let her know what your dr advised for you and your family.
hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:48 pm
imasinger wrote:
What if you tell her you don't do crowds, bit want to support her, so you'll come an hour BEFORE it starts, and help out? Possibly with your kids if they can handle it. Bring a present.

The kids will probably go home with some treats, she'll be happy for the help, and you'll avoid the crowds.

The problem with this is that it's easy to miscalculate the schedule, or overstay and bump into more people than expected. It also leaves an opening for the kids to whine and beg to stay with all their cousins.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:56 pm
I wasnt so scared of it til I got it. I've been pretty sick these last few weeks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:50 pm
Im so sad. We didn't end up going to the party but my mom said just about everyone was masked. I'm so sad I didn't go. I just feel like I've lost all relationships because of this virus.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:03 pm
I’m sure you did the right thing. People probably had to take off their masks to eat?
It IS very sad that you had to miss it but please take chizuk that you made the best decision you could under difficult circumstances. IyH next year.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics