Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Do you think there should be a private forum for New York?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you think there should be a private forum for New York?
Yes  
 52%  [ 93 ]
No  
 43%  [ 77 ]
other  
 4%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 178

Goldie613

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:50 am
WitchKitty wrote:
About half of the COVID-19 threads on this forum are NY specific.
I would appreciate if they would be put in a subforum which could be blocked at will.

I agree - this seems like a fair compromise. It's not blocked, it doesn't require specific permission to get in, but people who don't want to see it won't have to.

Maybe something like "NY Specific Covid-19 Issues" could be the title of the subforum?

I'm going to hit the "flag" button after I post to increase the odds that a mod will see it and weigh in...

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:05 am
its different if a group of people are requesting for themselves a private group

if others are requesting it for other people then just scroll on by, don't click, click off, etc voila problem solved

lets not try to control everyone else to address our own discomforts/inconveniences/triggers

banana123

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:16 am
Isn't there already a NY forum?

Goldie613

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:25 am
banana123 wrote:
Isn't there already a NY forum?

I think there's a general one, but not a specific virus related one. I think what's being discussed here is making a section of the Covid topics specifically for things that only effect New Yorkers.

So - a thread that discusses symptoms or dealing with juggling working at home while kids are distance learning might be in the general Covid section, but something like discussions about which sections of New York are under which restrictions (and the medical or political reasons why) would be in a NY subsection of Covid.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:45 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I think there should be a private forum for Brooklyn altogether, not just for COVID, since so many imamothers seem to think that there are no Jews living anywhere else. Would a mother in Chicago post “ where can I get a good dentist who takes United Healthcare” and leave it at that without saying “West Rogers Park or Skokie preferred”?

But she won't post in the private Brooklyn forum. She won't even post in the right forum for her question, she'll post it in Mental Health or Gardening. And the subject won't be "looking for dentist", it will be "ATTN: mothers". She also won't mention insurance until after someone has been recommended.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:03 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
New York or Boro Park?

In the threads you are referencing, anyone who lives out of the BP bubble is called an outsider.

Ding ding. I live in NYC. I don’t live in BP or Brooklyn at all. I can’t relate to anything they’re talking about. We wear masks. We SD. We don’t have weddings, gatherings, etc.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:29 pm
Yeah please, I live in Europe and I'm getting sick about all the threads about governors, mayors, covid threads regarding New York and NJ. I don't live there I never visited there and I like my own European bubble, I also want my own forum ''EU only!''

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:34 pm
One of the joys of freedom is that we can click and participate in the threads that appeal to us.

Doubtful that any one of us is pulled by every forum nor every thread.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:42 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I think there should be a private forum for Brooklyn altogether, not just for COVID, since so many imamothers seem to think that there are no Jews living anywhere else. Would a mother in Chicago post “ where can I get a good dentist who takes United Healthcare” and leave it at that without saying “West Rogers Park or Skokie preferred”?

Wait, what? there are Jewish people out of Brooklyn? Seriously had no idea. omg.. learn new things every day! I live in Brooklyn and mamish thought we are the only Jews in the USA. wow...really can't get over this new piece of news.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:10 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Wait, what? there are Jewish people out of Brooklyn? Seriously had no idea. omg.. learn new things every day! I live in Brooklyn and mamish thought we are the only Jews in the USA. wow...really can't get over this new piece of news.

I know! It's shocking right??

Reality

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Oh please, there’s plenty of LH on all the other forums.

Unfortunately true.

But I mentioned it because that is the reason the Israeli private forum was created. On top of the aveirah of speaking loshon harah there is another aveirah of speaking badly about the land of Israel. Does the chet hamiraglim ring a bell?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:59 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Maybe it should go in the chasidish forum since many chasidish posters on this site post things like “everyone” or “all” when what they actually mean is all chasidim...

And it should leave out the hundreds of new yorkers who aren't chassidish on this site?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
YES!!!!!!!! They are not the center of the world (even though many, at least on this site) think they are.

you are behind times. NY just has four Frum neighborhoods. That's it.

Lakewood is the center of frum Yidden today.
Rockland County is the center of frum Yidden today.

For you to figure which one to hate more.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:20 pm
No, it should be open to non new yorkers too. Like others say some of the boro park topics on these threads may be the same few people. But this place is meant to be an inclusive place. Not a clic. If you want email each other, reveal yourselves and talk IRL. I moved to New Jersey I was supposed to move back to New York but I keep hearing the news and I am hesitant to make the move. I Still travel to New York every day. And alot of the news is relevant to me too. My parents and some siblings live there. I have boro park24 on my phone and feel very connected to boro park. I. had a story contradict
and clear up false information from my family chat. Even though I have family in Israel I relate more to Boro News. If anything on the current topics about school closure in brooklyn I think as a chassidish person I relate more than the non chassidish people in boro Park and Kensington, and Flatbush. I am not part of chassidish velt because I'm neutral chassidish .
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries