Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Corelle dishes

bestrong1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 1:53 am
Are Corelle dishes good? Are they safe to put hot food into? I really need dinner plates and I'm looking for a healthy option that I can put hot food in without it leaching chemicals. Any suggestions pls?

essie14

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:20 am
Of course they are good for hot food. Corelle is a type of stoneware. Completely safe.

cnc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:22 am
Corelle is the best.
Microwaveable etc and they last

bsy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:42 am
I only use corelle. Best invention ever.

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:13 am
I love Corelle.
Very hard for the kids to break or chip.
Easily washed by hand and in the dishwasher.
Inexpensive!
Need I say more?

I've had the same Corelle set, purchased on sale, for 12 years. A few of the bowls broke over time, but overall I'm am so happy for the 100$ investment for service for 16.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:28 am
Corelle is also thin and light, which are advantages for storage. Even my Shabbos dishes are Corelle. Great invention!

avrahamama

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:33 am
When I was engaged my sweet mil offered to buy some very nice china. I told her thank you so much but I prefer corelle. Its the most practical for a house of kids and also takes the least space and also isn't as heavy. I've broken a few but I've dropped them more times they've broken.

cuffs

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:37 am
I'm currently eating my cereal out of a corelle bowl! Best thing you'll ever buy!

flmommy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:39 am
Yes, love my Corelle. I looked into the safety and was very impressed. I think years ago there was an issue with the plates with designs on them and people recommended getting plain white but I do no believe that is an issue anymore.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:56 pm
Corelle is a type of glass-ceramic, not stoneware, but because it's heat-resistant you can't use it for both milchik and fleishik like regular glass. IMO it's the best. It's clean looking, strong, heat resistant, relatively inexpensive (depends on the pattern), comes in many patterns that don't wear off, widely available, lightweight, space-saving because very thin...alle meiles. The only drawback I can see is that when it does break it shatters to smithereens. Put it this way: whenyears of attrition forced me to replace my dishes, I bought Corelle for everything, chometz and pesach, milchik and fleishik.

What I don't like is that for the less expensive patterns, Corning has substituted stoneware mugs from China for the American-made glass-ceramic. They want to increase their profits so they substituted a much- inferior imported product, but because they also want people to keep buying, they did it only for mugs, which people tend to have an excess of anyway, in the hopes that people wouldn't notice that the mugs are breaking. But if a mug breaks within 2 years of purchase, you can contact the company and ask for a replacement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars