Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Training. Son is holding it in

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:42 pm
Toilet training my son and he holds it in all day! Number 2 he is fine with making! Anything I can do? Do I give up?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:05 pm
I dont think you can give up. Your kid got the concept halfways. Now he's gotta learn the second part. Its extremely frustrating..I still feel it in my bones. My Twins did this last winter.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:08 pm
He's probably just scared.
Best thing to do is give him a lot to drink. Like, really a lot. Then keep him on the toilet. (You can try waiting a bit until you think he's ready to go, but that might cause accidents) Just keep him there. Play with him, read him books, give him more soda to drink, just keep on giving him whatever kool-aid or cola or whatever makes him excited until he just can't hold it in anymore. Even if it takes a couple hours.
Once he's done it a few times he'll get used to it and won't be afraid anymore.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:15 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I dont think you can give up. Your kid got the concept halfways. Now he's gotta learn the second part. Its extremely frustrating..I still feel it in my bones. My Twins did this last winter.

Its frustrating! He is going to playgroup and hes not cooperating. I feel bad for the teachers

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:22 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
He's probably just scared.
Best thing to do is give him a lot to drink. Like, really a lot. Then keep him on the toilet. (You can try waiting a bit until you think he's ready to go, but that might cause accidents) Just keep him there. Play with him, read him books, give him more soda to drink, just keep on giving him whatever kool-aid or cola or whatever makes him excited until he just can't hold it in anymore. Even if it takes a couple hours.
Once he's done it a few times he'll get used to it and won't be afraid anymore.

I will try it!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its frustrating! He is going to playgroup and hes not cooperating. I feel bad for the teachers

He should wear a pull up while attending playgroup. I don't think it's teacher's job to train him if he's not fully trained at home.
Contrary to popular belief, it does not mess up toilet training to wear a pull up for a few hours in the morning. Change him into underwear the minute he comes home!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics