Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Are colleges in red zones allowed to be open?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:11 pm
Does anyone know? Because DS’s Beis Medrash is claiming they’re considered a college and so they’re allowed to be open, but it doesn’t sound right.
Aren’t there restrictions on gatherings of over a certain amount of people in the red zones? So how can hundreds be allowed in a Beis Medrash? And by the way, almost no one in the Beis medrashwears masks, and I didn’t let him go today,

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:24 pm
No.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone know? Because DS’s Beis Medrash is claiming they’re considered a college and so they’re allowed to be open, but it doesn’t sound right.
Aren’t there restrictions on gatherings of over a certain amount of people in the red zones? So how can hundreds be allowed in a Beis Medrash? And by the way, almost no one in the Beis medrashwears masks, and I didn’t let him go today,

"Mass gathering" are prohibited, and "schools" are closed. So they appear to be in violation.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:29 pm
My DC's college is not in a red zone and they still went entirely virtual on October 8th.

Friends at other universities were never in person at all.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:32 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
"Mass gathering" are prohibited, and "schools" are closed. So they appear to be in violation.

Thanks for responding. Do you know what the maximum number of people allowed at gatherings is?

So there’s no restriction on colleges in red zones? I can’t understand how that makes sense.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:40 pm
If you are concerned about your child's school call and ask them. If you are uncomfortable with the school then don't send your child.

GetReal

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for responding. Do you know what the maximum number of people allowed at gatherings is?

50 with SD

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:41 pm
The dorm of my sons yeshiva is open as they are all adults and this is their residence. They are not in a red zone but in yellow so it 25 boys in the bais medrash.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:43 pm
GetReal wrote:
50 with SD

In red zones? Nope, it's 10, like for religious gatherings. It's 25 in an orange zone.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:46 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
In red zones? Nope, it's 10, like for religious gatherings. It's 25 in an orange zone.

That’s what I thought, but I can’t seem to get one reliably accurate answer from someone who’s sure. Anyone?

GetReal

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:09 pm
Sorry 50 is general - not in the colored zones.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:30 pm
I don't know. The rules may be different if they don't interact with the rest of the population at all. Nobody in, nobody out. But that would include rebbes giving shiur remotely.

I know two beis medrashes that moved because of this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries