Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Viznitz camp memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I remember the spanish inquisition major play. It was awesome. I was young and I just watched it and listened to tapes of it.
Oh and the exiles of crocodile island was awesome! I think that one I didn't even watch but remember the songs and lines.
Hashomer uchi unochi I think you are right. There was a contotta that had a very sad Holocaust song. I sang some of it off stage and there was slides along with it. The year after I think (or the year before?) the whole contotta was l'illui nishmas kerenkraut girl who passed away. There was a songdance and choir and I think slides about her.
Once in slides they showed a picture of a bear attacking a child. Gruesome!! Hashem yishmor.
There was the pantomime that was stunning that had only 2 girls dancing in it and lifting each other up. Don't remember the theme of that one. Then a play where the daughter had kidney stone attack but they left the hospital AMA as they felt they were being mistreated. I think that was the same play of Yemenite family and the babies mixed up.

Was it the Kerenkraut girl? I think she passed away when she was out of school.
I was in a song dance that was lillui nishmas a highschool girl that was killed in an accident. Can't remember her name. Maybe Piller?
Some lyrics
"Ich shtei oif ein tzifri
Ich tref nisht kan ri
Siz nisht kan geventliche tug
Tzi mir ich zug
Zichroines erveken
Di maaseh tit dershreken..."

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Who remembers the diet songdance?
That was so good.
What were the words again?
Yeder vet zugen wow...kik vee dar zee is...

Which year? Was that the kuchlefel song with Leah Raizel as cook?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:13 pm
Who remember the shomer (night security guard) who would chase you if he found you on grounds at night, and we were taught to run escape to Mrs. Spiegel's office if that happens as he has no authority to enter that room!
Changing the watches to camp time the first day of camp.
That tishah bav song sang by Mrs. Bick? Or Mrs. Halberstam? about when moshiach comes it will be a yom tov.
The toyamehu food before shabbos kugel and ferfel. The Israeli style tomato dip on shabbos.
That water fountain outside near the front gate that was still there fron La Vista hotel.
That summer of that massive blackout.
And some color war break outs were really something but now I can't remember them!
The lifeguards in the pool that were strict as ever and whistling every few minutes for us to find our buddies. I remember their faces but not their names.
The black pebbles that always were in the water of the bathroom sinks when you tried to brush your teeth.
Running to be the first after lunch or supper to catch an empty shower.
The poor single mom's who came as staff members/family members but were placed to sleep on the 4th floor with their little kids instead of being given bungalows.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:19 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Who remembers the diet songdance?
That was so good.
What were the words again?
Yeder vet zugen wow...kik vee dar zee is...

קוק נאר מרת בלאזער זעה
איך בין שוין ok...
אהין אהער איך מיטשע זיך שווער......

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Who remember the shomer (night security guard) who would chase you if he found you on grounds at night, and we were taught to run escape to Mrs. Spiegel's office if that happens as he has no authority to enter that room!
That tishah bav song sang by Mrs. Bick? Or Mrs. Halberstam? about when moshiach comes it will be a yom tov.
The toyamehu food before shabbos kugel and ferfel. The Israeli style tomato dip on shabbos.
That water fountain outside near the front gate that was still there fron La Vista hotel.
And some color war break outs were really something but now I can't remember them!
The lifeguards in the pool that were strict as ever and whistling every few minutes for us to find our buddies. I remember their faces but not their names.
The black pebbles that always were in the water of the bathroom sinks when you tried to brush your teeth.
The poor single mom's who came as staff members/family members but were placed to sleep on the 4th floor with their little kids instead of being given bungalows.

Yup!
They weren't single mom's, their husbands were in prison. Bh they're out now. They did such creative crafts with us.
Mrs. Bick and Halberstam sang "A freilichen Tishu Ba'av", I still sing it on shabbos nachamu, my kids love it!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Which year? Was that the kuchlefel song with Leah Raizel as cook?

LOL LOL yes I think was that year!!!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:30 pm
I was there from ches till staff. Good memories, (and not good ones too lol). In my staff year they got so strict I hated it. They had a mincha chart for staff members, who remembers those paper siddurim chart with your name on it and you had to turn it around when you came to mincha. They were able to see at a glance who wasn't there.
I used to daven on the mike a lot...I can't imagine why I liked it!

I think they got strict with staff when Brana Farkash started coming. She made a late chart for staff, it was hanging in the dining room!!!! It was hilarious!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I think they got strict with staff when Brana Farkash started coming. She made a late chart for staff, it was hanging in the dining room!!!! It was hilarious!

Must've been after my time. Who is Brana Farkash is she a Lorencz girl?
When I was staff that was the first year they got strict with us.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:13 pm
Must've been after my time. Who is Brana Farkash is she a Lorencz girl?
When I was staff that was the first year they got strict with us.

Yeah she's a Lorencs. She hung charts on the dining room wall with all staff and AK names and every time someone was late or missed davening or shuir she made a dot next to their name!! My oh my

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

I believe the shomer was before my time there, I remember hearing stories about him.
Loved the the toyamehu kugel!
The only lifeguard's name that I remember is Mrs. Deutch.
I remember the 4th floor being used for cleaning ladies and the supposed stories of all the stolen jewelry found there. It was such a haunted floor.
Eeew the carpets in the hallway next to the bedrooms, it would stink!
Especially if we'd do shtick on a rivaling chayil that involved lots of spilled water on the carpet.
I can't remember in which chayil we had the privilege of sleeping in the back building with smaller rooms like 8 girls in a room. Some were lucky to have air conditioning. We would decorate our room with curtains stapled onto the walls.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:20 pm
Yeah she's a Lorencs. She hung charts on the dining room wall with all staff and AK names and every time someone was late or missed davening or shuir she made a dot next to their name!! My oh my

Ha she was my bunkmate. Funny to hear about her in a director capacity.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:34 pm
Was it the Kerenkraut girl? I think she passed away when she was out of school.
I was in a song dance that was lillui nishmas a highschool girl that was killed in an accident. Can't remember her name. Maybe Piller?
Some lyrics
"Ich shtei oif ein tzifri
Ich tref nisht kan ri
Siz nisht kan geventliche tug
Tzi mir ich zug
Zichroines erveken
Di maaseh tit dershreken..."

Ha I was in that song dance with you!
Not sure either who it was.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:38 pm
Yup!
They weren't single mom's, their husbands were in prison. Bh they're out now. They did such creative crafts with us.
Mrs. Bick and Halberstam sang "A freilichen Tishu Ba'av", I still sing it on shabbos nachamu, my kids love it!

Yes I know about the prison situation. I just referred to it that way to protect their privacy. It doesn't it make it easier for them to cope schlepping 4 flights alone with a prison situation versus divorce.
Yes I agree it's a beautiful song.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:39 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Ha I was in that song dance with you!
Not sure either who it was.

Cool! So you're either my age or a year younger. This was my 2nd year in Contata.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Yes I know about the prison situation. I just referred to it that way to protect their privacy. It doesn't it make it easier for them to cope schlepping 4 flights alone with a prison situation versus divorce.
Yes I agree it's a beautiful song.

Right. I remember thinking it was crazy to put them up there....

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:22 pm
I'm smiling reading this thread.

I never went as a camper, but I used to go as a shabbos guest years, years ago. A family member was part of the married staff. I know a few of those staff members personally now.

Quote:

I think I was there then. I remember a Friday night, it was pouring!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:45 pm
It really was a massive blackout!
We were told to form human chains with our entire bunk in order to be able to get to our rooms safely...
I remember feeling so bad for the younger kids.
That must've been really scary for them...

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:07 pm
Exit 107 ווער טוט אייך געפעלן.....[/quote]

I remember the year the song was written. It was part of Color War.

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:17 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Why couldn't you swim in the indoor pool?
The official reason was that you where able to see in from the upper floors and its not tzniyus.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:23 pm
So cool that the color war song was such a massive hit...
Was that the year Leah Raizy was head counselor?
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics