Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Calling all super clean mommas

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:40 pm
Hi! Fellow super clean cleaner here.
What's the one thing you clean on a regular (daily or weekly basis) you feel that almost no one else does?
Looking for more ideas to make my house even cleaner lol.
My obsession is wiping down the kitchen handles on every cabinet and wiping down the door handles in the house. I also vaccuum my baseboard moldings Smile

Your turn!!

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:21 pm
Therapist here. I don't want to be negative and nit-picking here but OCD is real and a horrible mental illness to have. Please change the title unless you really have it and trying to be humorous.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:25 pm
Wiping down cell phones

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:26 pm
What exactly do you mean by “ocd cleaner”? Do you mean the you have obsessions and compulsions that inhibit you from both functioning and cleaning like someone who doesn’t have OCD? In that case, I would recommend you hire help, both mental and household.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:32 pm
Please don't use the term OCD to describe people who are very clean. OCD is a bona-fide mental disorder that causes its sufferers untold anguish, and it's not about cleanliness at all. Granted some people's illness manifests itself in cleaning something over and over--e.g. washing hands, like Lady Macbeth--but it can be going back into the house a hundred times to make sure the stove is turned off, or checking your pockets for your keys over and over and over even though you know the keys are there because you just checked three seconds ago, or having to have your peanut butter spread exactly 1/8 inch thick and exactly 1/4 inch from the edge of your toast--not because you like the look or because that way your sandwich doesn't ooze in the microwave, but because you 'know' that if you don't do this, something awful is going to happen.

Lightheartedly calling very clean people OCD is, to a person with genuine OCD, deeply insulting. How would you feel if you suffered from, say, anorexia nervosa and someone on a reducing diet said gleefully, 'I'm practically anorexic!" Or if you were in a wheelchair and someone with healthy legs and feet but poor dancing skills posted , 'Any paraplegics like me want to learn simcha dancing?"

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:48 pm
I happen to have mold OCD (clinical) and the title doesn't bother me a bit. I don't find it offensive.
Maybe you are referring to those with more severe cases.
Either way I'll change the title.

And wow, mothers on here are high strung

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 5:52 pm
What you only wipe your cabinets ONCE a day?? I wipe them every hour.

Shame on you!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:47 pm
Spots on my hardwood floors. For reasons unknown, new splotchy looking spots blossom on a daily basis even in places where nobody ate or drank. I have to inspect every day and wipe them away or it'll be unmanageable in no time.

ChanieMommy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:35 pm
I thought this was a public service announcement warning that too much cleanliness in the house could cause allergies...

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:19 pm
My closets have to be color coordinated. And neatly folded/hung. The kitchen cabinets have to have the containers placed so it’s a beautiful neat cohesive look. It brings me immense joy looking at neat clean inners (closet, cabinet, drawers..) no I’m not obsessive it’s actually just relaxes me

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's the one thing you clean on a regular (daily or weekly basis) you feel that almost no one else does?

I know you’re trying for a light, fun thread, but this post has the ta’am of true OCD and it isn’t healthy to ask for ideas. It’s like someone with anorexia asking for diet advice.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:01 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I know you’re trying for a light, fun thread, but this post has the ta’am of true OCD and it isn’t healthy to ask for ideas. It’s like someone with anorexia asking for diet advice.

I have to agree. Im super clean, and as much as I love ‘clean’ my life is so much harder for it. (And dare I say my dh and childrens!) It comes with a heavy price tag!
(and yeah I have cleaning help)

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My obsession is wiping down the kitchen handles on every cabinet and wiping down the door handles in the house. I also vaccuum my baseboard moldings Smile

Your turn!!

I'm sorry you are getting criticism from so many. Why does everyone think OCD the minute anyone says they like their house to be clean?

I like to clean the laundry baskets often. Dirty laundry goes in some and the others are always full of dust.

Another thing I like is to have very clear floors. Makes me feel so good. I clear, vacuum, wash and sometimes vacuum again for fun. Then I continuosly spot clean until it's time to start again.

I can think of far worse things to get obsessed about.

kerem

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:03 am
I unscrew, and wash out the ketchup bottle covers, so it looks brand new.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:06 am
Sorry Op it’s not popular to like to clean here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry