Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help me find a Brooklyn Chassidish Yeshiva
Previous  1  2

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is that visnitz or neutral ?

Neutral . It mite have changed the name to meor hachaim .not sure exactly . Need to ask my son

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:55 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I feel you. My son is turning 12. He’s actually brilliant and is great at Gemara etc. he just can’t handle the being in cheder from 7am to 6pm. And I don’t blame him one bit. It’s a lot. I’ve been loosing sleep over what will happen once we need a Yeshiva for him. I wish there was something for smart erlich boys that has some extra curricular activities like a ball game or some science experiments etc. but these things don’t exist in the chassidish world sadly.

This. My son is tes. Very erlich but can't sit all day. I cry to Hashem a lot about this. I haven't found a suitable yeshiva for him.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:02 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Neutral . It mite have changed the name to meor hachaim .not sure exactly . Need to ask my son

If you can find out, I’d really appreciate it.

I wish we can start something new.
A small yeshiva for great boys.

We need money and resources 🙂

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:31 am
The name was changed to Meor Hachaim. It’s located on 13 and 43rd st. Rabbi Steinmnetz’s Yeshiva. It’s is for normal boys that struggled in learning. They have a modified program and an more hands on learning, an English curriculum so these boys go out of Yeshiva with life skills to be able to get a job as they won’t be sitting in kollel. They don’t take boys with yiddishkeit issues so it’s a regular good chassidish program. They have trips for rewards, these kids finally feel like they’re able to achieve and feel success while they previously kept failing. They do have trips for rewards... It’s worth looking into if this sounds interesting to you.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:51 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I feel you. My son is turning 12. He’s actually brilliant and is great at Gemara etc. he just can’t handle the being in cheder from 7am to 6pm. And I don’t blame him one bit. It’s a lot. I’ve been loosing sleep over what will happen once we need a Yeshiva for him. I wish there was something for smart erlich boys that has some extra curricular activities like a ball game or some science experiments etc. but these things don’t exist in the chassidish world sadly.

the cheder hours and yeshiva hours are so long. it's hard Sad.

My 15 yr old is ke"h a masmid and a metzuyan, and despite the struggles and exhaustion excelleed in yeshiva. He got up at 5 am and came home at 7:30 pm from yeshiva -- spent and exhausted. He was cranky all evening long and prone to tantrums and meltdowns. Due to a whole bunch of circumstances (his class fell apart, for example), we ended up sending him for his 2nd year to Nitra Yeshiva in Mt Kisco. I was extremely pleasantly surprised to hear that they have a mandatory rest period from 2:30-3:30 p.m. They also make the bochurim walk outdoors every day when the weather is pleasant. I was amazed that such a concept still exists. No more pushing cup after cup of coffee and pushing danishes all afternoon to get through the day on sugar and caffeine - they actually get a refreshing nap! Their learning day ends at 9:30 pm, but they had the break midday! I love that concept! I think that getting to break up his day like this is going to be a major plus for my son -- I can't fathom how any teen can do 14 hour days 5 days a week.

Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
The name was changed to Meor Hachaim. It’s located on 13 and 43rd st. Rabbi Steinmnetz’s Yeshiva. It’s is for normal boys that struggled in learning. They have a modified program and an more hands on learning, an English curriculum so these boys go out of Yeshiva with life skills to be able to get a job as they won’t be sitting in kollel. They don’t take boys with yiddishkeit issues so it’s a regular good chassidish program. They have trips for rewards, these kids finally feel like they’re able to achieve and feel success while they previously kept failing. They do have trips for rewards... It’s worth looking into if this sounds interesting to you.

I’d love to hear more info on this.

Also, I really appreciate all responses please keep them coming.
I saw someone mentioned spinka? Any info on that?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:30 pm
From what I’ve heard about spinka, is that it’s a regular Yeshiva with amazing and warm rebbeim but boys aren’t always so interested in learning. Maybe you can find a few per grade that do. You have to know your kid if he’ll be motivated or get dragged down by the crowd. It is a lower level of learning. I know someone that was there that left as he had so much pressure from classmates to smoke with them and that no one was interested in learning. Even though he was weak in learning he still wanted to do well while many don’t care. Then I’ve heard info from someone else that mentioned her son loves it there and is growing tremendously and even if he’s a little more on the cool side and he wouldn’t grow in the previous Yeshiva as it was way more intense there and they would kill him. So the crowd is chassidish more with it I think.
This is what I’ve heard, it can be some grades are better than others and everyone’s experiences are different..

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:40 pm
You may want to look into Rav Yoely Roth's yeshiva in Williamsburg.

hotzenplotz

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:32 pm
please pm me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics