Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which stores will occupy the empty stores on 13th ave, BP?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:04 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
She never let me into her store until I got married.

Lol. I remember that too. Verrrrrry strict. No kids allowed.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:08 am
Mevater wrote:
Does anyone else remember a Braude's on 18th? I clearly remember 16th.

For a very short time there was a clothing store on 18 and 53/54 (I worked around there). I think theres a pain therapy facility there now. I don't remember if it was Braude's.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:48 am
No one here old enough to remember Gloria's Costume Jewelry on 13/46, and National Gifts, and a womans hat store, I think Cohens Millinery Shop, also 13/46 from the 1960s?

In the 1960s 13th Avenue had a more Central Avenue look and feel.

mfb

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:18 pm
rikki 1 wrote:
My aunt worked in ABC Discount until she passed away last year. I loved browsing the store.

Oish . So sorry to hear she passed away. I was wondering why she stopped working there. I just presumed she either stopped working or found a different job. She was such a nice lady!

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:45 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
(Quoting slategray: I also remember when m&m shoe store closed where toys for you is and I remember the relief and satisfaction. shock I know but the salesman/owner was such a nasty haughty person. I cringed every time I wanted to go in to look. I knew I wasnt buying anything. I felt so uncomfortable there. abd I knew it was for people who could afford it.

he was expensive and sometimes I could find the same shoes he was selling in century for much cheaper then him. those were the days.
)

First of all, this piece you wrote about M&M shoes is outright Lashon Hara! Especially putting this out on a public forum. Please remove your words immediately.
Second, I know the owners and they were actually very nice people IRL. Maybe you were a difficult client.
Third, I really liked their company shoes, they made their own brand called MIRAMAX, which was the most comfortable shoes I even wore. It was no where to be found besides at their store.
They carried brand name and the real comfortable shoes.
There were imitations that looked identical to theirs but the quality of the shoes were far off.
Pricewise- you get what you pay for.
Please be careful to way you 'speak' on a public forum.[/quote]

maybe your so upset bec what I said is true. actually I didnt buy anything in their store. I just browsed and didnt ask anything from them. so you are upset about the truth. and yes it was loshon hara. I agree and apologize for that. and it still doesnt take away of how haughty they behaved and the sales people they hired to act like "your too poor" and "were more high class" then you attitude. anyway I wasnt the only one having that experience. its sad they were really nice ppl yet their store didnt portray that. its actually sad. I really wonder if they were really so nice like you say. I dont know you. so why should I take your word for it. anyway im gonna stop with this comment. im sure this is just too upsetting to you. remember though that the truth hurts. and if someone felt this way maybe its time for store owners especially in brooklyn to have a nicer attitude. and not so snobby. they could take a course in how to have socially appropriate behavoirs toward others. good night.

rikki 1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Odd job
Dave’s fruit store
Benny lighting
It’s you
Little prima donna
Moskowitz butcher 16 ave
Le petit
Greenfelds seforim

My grandfather was Moskowitz Butchers.
Glad to hear his store is remembered.

And Mrs. RG from ABC- my aunt (Mr G's sister in law).

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
For a very short time there was a clothing store on 18 and 53/54 (I worked around there). I think theres a pain therapy facility there now. I don't remember if it was Braude's.

Braude’s was were diamonds office is now.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:16 pm
rikki 1 wrote:
My grandfather was Moskowitz Butchers.
Glad to hear his store is remembered.

And Mrs. RG from ABC- my aunt (Mr G's sister in law).

That is so nice to hear.
He was such a kind person. Whenever it was quiet, he would learn, I hated disturbing him.
Was that you in the picture keychain?
I hope you still have the posters that hung in the store.
That was a real butcher store, I tell my kids about him.

gande

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:30 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I remember passing on the school bus every day salivating at the view through the glass windows. They had gorgeous dresses displayed so perfectly.

sallysaucer

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:33 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

Before that it was where peppermill is today. I remember getting a purple wool coat there.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries