Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Frum laundry detergent?
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:33 pm
I use tide free-n-clear but a lot of people I know use ALL and I cannot take the smell!!!!!! Anon because I talk about this ...

boat

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:39 pm
I think a Frum detergent would need to be strong enough to clean out the dirt stains from white shirts.

(I think I'm otd...I'm actually looking for some recommendations!!)

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:19 pm
My clothes do t even smell and I use April fresh. Sad

Adela

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:58 pm
boat wrote:
I think a Frum detergent would need to be strong enough to clean out the dirt stains from white shirts.

(I think I'm otd...I'm actually looking for some recommendations!!)

Best thing to really get tough shirt stains out, is the Israeli brand Oxygen spray.

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:00 am
Op, I know what you mean..

The detergent matters, but I think it has to do with the machine as well. With the european machines, you need little detergent and the clothes stay smelling fresh. Same for the new HE machines.

Also clothing thats hung (not outside!) instead of dried, retains the smell stronger. Unless you use dryer sheets.

I personally prefer the detergent smell than the softeners. But a lot of people add softeners for the perfumed smell. Downy, snuggle... Supposedly it can ruin the machine to add too much of it.

Persil Original is a good, long lasting smell. I like experimenting though, and do change detergents after a while. Esp during pregnancy when I get nauseous from it. Lately I like to add the Snuggle Plus Super Fresh (with green cap) softener, or dryer sheets for the dryer.

I think heimish people like Tide. But it is expensive. I heard Arm n Hammer is common too, and much better priced as well.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!! Tide with April fresh is what I’ll try when what I have runs out. Smile And I’m glad at least someone here doesn’t think I’m nuts!! 🤣

I don't think you're nuts. Some people just have more sensitive noses and when someone has that clean smell I do think "I want some!" But I don't use anything scented because of the same sensitivity.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry