Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Are kids getting the flu now?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:13 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I’m asking honestly here, how is it more uncomfortable? It’s the exact same test.

You can even do a saliva test for covid these days.

OMG have you had both done recently? The covid swab they stick up into brain matter practically! It's torturous. The flu swab just goes up deep your nasal cavity.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:19 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
OMG have you had both done recently? The covid swab they stick up into brain matter practically! It's torturous. The flu swab just goes up deep your nasal cavity.

Yup went through a drive thru where they walk you through how to do it yourself. I didn’t stick it too deep. Tested positive.

veiznisht

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:24 am
The protocol now is not to stick it far up your nose at all. I discussed it while getting a test yesterday, protocols have been updated. If you are using testing facility which isnt updated you might want to find somewhere else...

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:08 am
Waiting for 3 days of fever is what I always used to do, but now we need to realize that there is a pandemic. That changes everything.
Am I saying anything new? Have you heard about this yet? Do you know anyone that got sick? Oh, you thought the pandemic was over. It's not!
The doctors really don't know much, and things keep changing. So if last week someone's doctor said not to test, it might be different now. That doesn't mean we should chose what's convenient and suits our agenda.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:16 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
That doesn't mean we should chose what's convenient and suits our agenda.

That also doesn't mean that every time you child has a fever or a sniffle you have to run test for Covid. Ppl are loosing themselves are are loosing their ability to think rationally because they're overcome by fear and panic.
I'm not saying that covid is over. I know it's not. COVID IS HERE TO STAY!! It'll never be over we therefore have to learn to control our fears and start living life normally otherwise you'll be locked in for life.
Edited for typo

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:09 am
Well thinking abt this whl thing here abt DC, DC did not loose any taste of smell which is a key symptom. I did mention that he has a slight cough. It must've been some "attack of some sort" cuz the cough mysteriously disappeared. DC woke up without fever bh. Whatever it was I'm certain it wasn't covid.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well thinking abt this whl thing here abt DC, DC did not loose any taste of smell which is a key symptom. I did mention that he has a slight cough. It must've been some "attack of some sort" cuz the cough mysteriously disappeared. DC woke up without fever bh. Whatever it was I'm certain it wasn't covid.

Lol. Losing smell and taste is not a symptom which everyone gets, certainly not young children. It manifests differently for everyone, my SIL just tested positive after contact with someone and her only symptom is feeling a little tired. And lasting just for a day doesn't make the possibility of it being Covid any less.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:17 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Lol. Losing smell and taste is not a symptom which everyone gets, certainly not young children. It manifests differently for everyone. And lasting just for a day doesn't make the possibility of it being Covid any less.

It's not even a day. It's abt 10 hrs total. Wherever, after reading everybody responses here, I've got my opinion. You have yours and I have mine.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's not even a day. It's abt 10 hrs total. Wherever, after reading everybody responses here, I've got my opinion. You have yours and I have mine.

As I said timeframe doesn't mean anything. Many are symptomatic so not sure why you think symptoms have to last a long time.

You've got an opinion, but I'm stating facts.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:20 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
As I said timeframe doesn't mean anything. Many are symptomatic so not sure why you think symptoms have to last a long time.

You've got an opinion, but I'm stating facts.

These are not facts, this is your hysterical opinion. There's no reason to test a kid that had fever for afew hours. People are so hysterical and panic striken that they have lost the ability to think rationally.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:22 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
These are not facts, this is your hysterical opinion. There's no reason to test a kid that had fever for afew hours.

Please explain to me where is the hysteria or opinion in pointing out that someone who has a fever and a cough may have Covid, regardless of how long it lasted for.

It's a fact, whether you like it or not.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Lots of people did not lose their sense of smell and taste, myself included. I felt sick and had fever for a few days, but did not lose my senses. If someone does lose sense of smell and taste, you can be pretty sure it's covid, but the converse is not true.

So you're saying it was an attack of some sort, why is that not covid? Actually, covid is just that, 'an attack of some sort' that can mysteriously disappear, and the person can still shed virus, as well as those exposed to the person. There's a lot the doctors don't know about covid, but this the seem very sure of.
The best way to know is by testing. You cannot make any assumptions.
My daughter had a cold for a few days, that went away. Two days later, my granddaughter tested positive for covid. Her doctor said to assume her symptoms were covid, and her 10 day quarrentine started from then.
You should be consulting with your doctor, and if you think you know more than your doctor, you should find another.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
These are not facts, this is your hysterical opinion. There's no reason to test a kid that had fever for afew hours. People are so hysterical and panic striken that they have lost the ability to think rationally.

This exactly I wrote before.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:50 am
I'm just curious if people whose entire families quarantine for 2 weeks every time theyre exposed to a person with covid, if the parent(s) who work have such forgiving jobs and employers?
(For example my husband went to work every single day, even at the height of covid in March. The employees worked in shifts or in separate rooms. His job can't be done from home, and funnily even if could, he escaped to work just bc he mentally can't handle being home with us for more than a short while. His employer would really not be thrilled if he kept taking off for 2 weeks every other day...)

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This! Every yr our school send out a note to all parents to keep the kids home even when the kid has 100.0. Why? Cuz many parents if the kid has that low they give Motrin and off they go. I for the life of mine don't get it. Even if the kids had fever for 12 hrs I keep the kid home an extra day to make sure kid is fever free for 24 hrs. I do have to say though, some posters are very extreme here. It is not realistic to have kids tested for Covid every time they get a sniffle or fever. One winter I had kids home from November till mid January every single week a different kid. Some kids ended up being home more than once. Now imagine if I were to have them tested for Covid every time. It was the flu or viral then. It was never strep, sinuses etc. Plz, plz plz. Ya know, the sky is the limit too.

not to mention that a child who has 100 fever IS NOT FEELING WELL! Giving motrin and sending to school will give the child 5 hours of respite and then by 2 pm they start feeling so ill again. So besides being contagious with anything, they need to take it easy and recover from whatever theyre having.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm not saying that covid is over. I know it's not. COVID IS HERE TO STAY!!

This is pure nonsense.
Said from a person in the medical field

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:53 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm just curious if people whose entire families quarantine for 2 weeks every time theyre exposed to a person with covid, if the parent(s) who work have such forgiving jobs and employers?
(For example my husband went to work every single day, even at the height of covid in March. The employees worked in shifts or in separate rooms. His job can't be done from home, and funnily even if could, he escaped to work just bc he mentally can't handle being home with us for more than a short while. His employer would really not be thrilled if he kept taking off for 2 weeks every other day...)

If you're being exposed to people with Covid every other day, then your community has a serious spread going on, which you need to be containing.

For most people, exposure doesn't happen very often.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This exactly I wrote before.

The proof is in the porridge.
There is no need for any panic or hysteria, just a need for everyone's cooperation in trying to contain this virus.
Had my granddaughter not been tested, (and she only had fever for half a day) they would have spent yomtov with in-laws and grandparents that could have gotten sick. We cannot know if they would have gotten only mildly sick or very sick, or not sick at all, but we all heard of people that did get very sick.
Noone panicked, noone was hysterical. In fact, my daughter was kinda sad when quarantine was up and she no longer got to spend all that time with the kids.

There is no need to get hysterical that if you test something terrible will happen to you and your community. This idea is being spread on social media, and causing great panic. It's completely not true!

Use common sense, and keep your germs to yourself...any germs, not just covid. I understand it can be very hard to stay home, but the alternative is what is causing this pandemic to continue.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

There is no need to get hysterical that if you test something terrible will happen to you and your community. That is completely not true!

This.

For some odd reason, those who are being calm, level-headed and responsible are the ones being labelled here as spreading panic and hysteria.

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:01 am
Locked at OP's request.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics