Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
New serial in Binah - Plot Twist

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 8:46 pm
Anyone following? It reminded me of some posts I've seen here on imamother. So many sad stories in Binah these days but I guess if that's life Sad

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:09 pm
It's an interesting one. Starting to follow it. It does sound like a lot of stories I am familiar with. Her (Michal Stone's) writing is excellent though.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:29 pm
Sad, but a good read.

I love the new fashion column too.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:53 pm
It feels overwhelming to me that they started this marriage situation and a thing about an anorexic daughter at the same time. And the fiction serials have been depressing too. Interesting in some ways, not all bad, but depressing with nothing light or humorous breaking it up. Usually there's something lighter and something heavier running at the same time. At least the son who died from brain cancer was last year (iirc?) and not also now...

The fashion is fun and adds a nice dimension to Binah as a women's magazine. I'm not really sure what to do with it, as it doesn't even give a clue where to buy the things shown even if I would be interested in doing so. But it's kind of fun to flip through. And I've been enjoying the new arts n crafts columns, they're very creative and they seem approachable though I haven't personally gotten around to actually approaching any, lol.

I love the title "Plot Twist" though. Is there already a book by that name? Feels like there should be.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:57 am
Anyone here still following Plot Twist? Still so sad....

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:50 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Anyone here still following Plot Twist? Still so sad....after all that, he left her....

Thanks for the spoiler alert. Not

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:30 pm
Er, amother Pearl if you're listening maybe edit your post.
So, is that the end of the story? Feels really anticlimactic. On the other hand I guess you need to appreciate that Binah is branching out from "happily ever after?"
The anorexia story ended this week too, and they started something about a new business so that seems more optimistic. I guess we got our fill of drama?

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:37 pm
Zehava wrote:
Thanks for the spoiler alert. Not

Just noticed she edited her post... but it's still quoted in yours Wink

silverlining3

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:51 pm
The fictional series I stopped a while back, it didn't pull me.. The 2 new, short series I like a lot, it is sad, but something different.
I leave it untouched till shabs.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 11:34 am
Seeker, not sure if you were following but it actually didn't end before - but I think now it ended. It didn't say "the end" but the last line sounded like a goodbye. At first I thought the story was dragging but now I feel like it ended too soon, I want to hear how she is dealing with the kids and everything.

I'm surprised Binah is doing these topics. It used to be so innocent I wouldn't mind leaving it around the house but now I think I need to hide it from my teens. But for myself I'm enjoying it. Maybe enjoying isn't a good word for other people's tragedies but they are interesting to read.

I loved what she wrote at the end about everyone being alone sometimes. It made it easier to relate to instead of feeling like you're just reading about someone else's life.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 12:03 pm
As someone in a similar situation- the story was very painful to read . So many things unsaid in between the lines that would not be appropriate to publish in a family magazine .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 12:37 pm
Sorry for being naive and I hope this is not insensitive, but do you want to share what you think they left out? I'm sorry for your pain. I would love to understand but if it's not appropriate to ask then forget it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room