Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
If you are a preschool/daycare teacher

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:56 am
In your opinion, at what age is it better for the child to be in gan/daycare/pre-school than to be at home with grandparents who watch a lot of TV?

My parents are happy to babysit all day, but as soon as the child is big enough to stare at a screen, they pop him in front of a screen for many hours, and will not hear of babysitting without screen time.

I can afford daycare, so that is not an issue at all, I just want what's best for my kid. (Can't afford a private nanny /au pair though, either (frum) group daycare or grandparents).

BTW I'm not upset about the type of programming they show him, just that I wouldn't want screen time at all as I've heard that it can cause attention problems later on. I never give my kids any screen time.

At what age would you put the kid in daycare? 1.5? 3? 5?

Thanks

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:19 am
Yesterday.
Sitting in front of a screen without interactions is terrible for a developing kid on a regular basis

Eta - I am not a preschool teacher, I am a special ed teacher who works with all ages.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:46 am
As soon as they start plopping him in front of the TV he's out.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:52 am
I wouldn’t have my parents watch him at all (meaning I think they can think infancy is appropriate for tv)!’m a huge fan of daycare and would sooner recommend that

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:11 am
No tv as babies or toddlers.
I work full time with my babies and toddlers home. As soon as they can’t do it anymore I send them out.
I never once would use screen time to keep them home with me longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics