Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What is asked during primary interview?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:47 pm
Hi. I am applying for primary for my daughter and have an interview scheduled for next week. What are some questions that are asked of the parents? I don’t want to be blindsided and not have a response ready. Thanks!

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:49 pm
Which school? Each school does their own thing

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:58 pm
[quote="Chew21"]Which school? Each school does their own thing[/quote

Meoros and nachlas

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:02 pm
Meoros is basic jewish geography no out of ordinary qs. Nachlas asks more hashkafic qs. If your husband wears hat and jacket to davening, internet filters etc.
Did everyone in lkwd apply to the same schools?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:08 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Meoros is basic jewish geography no out of ordinary qs. Nachlas asks more hashkafic qs. If your husband wears hat and jacket to davening, internet filters etc.
Did everyone in lkwd apply to the same schools?

What does basic jewish geography mean? They’re testing the parents on it? They told us not to bring our daughter along

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:10 pm
They asked me who I know. What husband and I do. Very basic qs. Didn't have Nachlas interview yet but thats what I hear.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
They asked me who I know. What husband and I do. Very basic qs. Didn't have Nachlas interview yet but thats what I hear.

Thank you. Did they say when you’ll hear back? Who was at the interview?

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. Did they say when you’ll hear back? Who was at the interview?

You first meet with Rabbi Landau, then meet the 2 principals.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:36 pm
Nachlas was very friendly, no hat and jacket or internet questions. Did jewish geography, who we know in common. Asked about our jobs. Spoke about the school. Nothing major.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:41 pm
Regarding the above poster - I think it’s safest to wear hat and jacket to interview if your DH wears to davening
DH and I went back and forth for first child’s interview. It is not a yeshivish school (English translation). DH wore because we thought what can it hurt...during the interview they mentioned the dress code of a Ben Torah is hat and jacket. We were so happy we did that. I think it’s always best to put best foot forward and make best first impression.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Nachlas was very friendly, no hat and jacket or internet questions. Did jewish geography, who we know in common. Asked about our jobs. Spoke about the school. Nothing major.

Was it for this year? How did everyone get interviews already? I only got one for next week and I responded to so many applications the first day they sent it out

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Was it for this year? How did everyone get interviews already? I only got one for next week and I responded to so many applications the first day they sent it out

Last year, we are there this year

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:48 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
Chew21 wrote:
Which school? Each school does their own thing[/quote

Meoros and nachlas

You are very fortunate if you already have an interview lined up.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 11:41 pm
I interviewed by Neemas today it was taking about the School and basic questions about our family

sara111444

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:52 am
Who runs Neemas? Are they giving interviews easily?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:23 am
I have heard from principals that the way the mother is dressed (tznius) is very much noted as well.

malki2

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:30 am
I think some also try to find out if you let your kids watch videos, and what type of videos they watch.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Regarding the above poster - I think it’s safest to wear hat and jacket to interview if your DH wears to davening
DH and I went back and forth for first child’s interview. It is not a yeshivish school (English translation). DH wore because we thought what can it hurt...during the interview they mentioned the dress code of a Ben Torah is hat and jacket. We were so happy we did that. I think it’s always best to put best foot forward and make best first impression.

But maybe you should wear a hat only if you wear the right type of hat Can't Believe It
I know someone who wears a "up" hat and was told at the interview that they are a good fit for the school, but if its a choice between them and a family where the father wears a bend-down, they will accept the bend-down family.
This is a typical Lakewood couple, father learned in kollel and took a course and now works in one of the lakewood offices, everything about them fits into the cookie cutter box except the up-hat.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:12 pm
malki2 wrote:
I think some also try to find out if you let your kids watch videos, and what type of videos they watch.

Do you know which schools?

Last edited by amother on Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:13 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have heard from principals that the way the mother is dressed (tznius) is very much noted as well.

Do you know how long of A shaitel is too long for these schools?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries