Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
To all mothers who had a baby last November!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:51 pm
Are you signing up your November child for playgroup next year in an 18-24 month group, or younger 2's?
Any guidance appreciated!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:08 am
Bump

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:09 am
No

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:48 am
Either one, just depends what works better for you. It’s not just November, it’s also September, October and December Wink

unexpected

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:54 am
Nope

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:31 am
no.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:34 am
It depends on the school and the kid- where I live deadline is October 1. I have one daughter born at the end of September and I pushed for forward.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:35 am
My son is signed up for younger two, but he’s going to be the youngest and the Morah wasn’t thrilled to take him

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:44 am
Weirdly where I live, the play groups want you to be their age by sept 1 when school starts but the yeshiva for 4 year old nursery has a Nov 31st cut off. So for my kids with Nov and dec birthdays two year old groups were not really an option since they were not 2 when the year started and there isnt much where I live for 18-24 mo so I waited a year to sign up and we did 2 year olds when they were two turning 3. I think that was a great year to start formal school. If I needed the child care before that age I would have just done a regular babysitting group.

My dec son is the oldest in the class but my nov son would have been the youngest so we ended up doing 3 year old play group twice. Best decision I made for him. Hes really thriving now that he is in pre1a in yeshiva with the full six days a week, the dual curriculum etc.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:35 pm
I usually ask the playgroup who else is in the group, and see if they're at the same age and stage. I think as long as they have peers, it doesn't matter the group.
Also think about your child, are they on target for their age, are they acting younger than their age? what would work best for them.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:04 pm
My November baby is 23 months BH. She’s at a daycare not a playgroup, but it worked out that most of the kids in the daycare this year are younger 2s (up to 2.5)
I think that’s fine for her.
My question is what to do next year- a 3 year olds playgroup followed by prenursery at school? Or two years of prenursery?
Either way, I want her to be at the older end of her grade iyH not the younger end.

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
My November baby is 23 months BH. She’s at a daycare not a playgroup, but it worked out that most of the kids in the daycare this year are younger 2s (up to 2.5)
My question is what to do next year- a 3 year olds playgroup followed by prenursery at school? Or two years of prenursery?
Either way, I want her to be at the older end of her grade iyH not the younger end.
\

I would do 3 year old play group and then evaluate. If you are going to do any year twice I would do 3 year olds twice and then do 4 year olds at the school of your choice. I think once a kid gets to 4 year old olds they start to chap that the class is moving on to K and they are not. By K they really understand that they are repeating. 3 year olds have no idea.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:29 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
In Lakewood you’d do younger 3 and then older 3. I don’t know how it works elsewhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics