Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone significantly overweight & had COVID? How was it?
Previous  1  2

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I'm obese. I had covid in march. I was on antibiotics for pneumonia, ran high fever, but bh had a complete recovery at home.

Three other family members are healthy weight and were in the hospital.

We all have the same blood type. I attribute it to blood type more than weight.
If you don't mind sharing, I would love to know your blood type. Thanks

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:38 pm
My high school BF (I wasn't frum then) had covid and died. He was 59, and overweight. No other comorbidities, said his wife.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:43 pm
I am in my 40’s not obese but close to 15 pounds overweight. I had it very bad. It effected my lungs/ breathing, high fever, vomiting... The sweats were horrible.. my clothing was wet through and through, my hair.. when fever broke my body broke out in itchy hives that covered every part of my body. It was really horrible.
My mother is obese and in her 70’s. She had low grade fever and exhaustion. It did not effect her lungs or breathing. She was sick for 10-14 days but the fever never went high.
Her antibody level is very high while mine is much lower and I was much more sick. How sick we each got didn’t have anything to do with weight. It seems that covid becomes a serious issue when it effects the lungs.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:01 pm
My mother had it and is morbidly obese and in her 70s. She was considered asymptomatic.

She has type O blood so I’m wondering if that helped? I know there have been a few studies.

Stay well, OP.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:42 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I weigh 220 ish. I was 2 months post partum. 34 years old. Id say I had classic basic covid. Same as my super slim husband. A week or two of low grade fever. Slight cough. Weak. Nothing crazy bh.

Same here. I'm around the same age and weigh 250ish. Had a week of low grade fever, body aches, slight cough. Lost sense of smell and taste for a week. BH recovered with no medical intervention.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:46 pm
Recent studies show it makes a big difference how much of a viral load one took in.
People who only took in a smaller ammount of virus, have milder/no symptoms. People who take in a larger viral load get sicker.
(These studies conclude that wearing masks, even if they allow some of the virus in or out, at least minimize the ammount, and can decrease the viral load)

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you're significantly overweight and had COVID, or personally know another woman who goes into that category, could you please share your/their experience? If you could include details like age, other health conditions such as high blood pressure etc. it would be very helpful.

Thanks so much in advance!

My father. Hes prob about 350 lbs. He has a heart condition kidney issues diabetes.. His only symptom was chills back in March/april. Hes close to 60 kh.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:21 pm
I'm in ky low 30s and about 60 lbs overweight. Type A blood. I didn't get it mild or bad. I felt really sick for a few days and then weak for a few more days. Kind of like the flu but recovery was slower.

zaftigmom

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:26 pm
I am more than 100 lb overweight. I had 104 fever for a week and developed pneumonia. I have asthma but otherwise I am healthy. I recovered well at home and had my full energy back within a week of recovery. My slim husband was sicker than I was and for a few days longer. He never got pneumonia though. We are under 30.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:37 am
I weigh 290

I was home
limp as a log [is that a thing]
defintiely thought I'm dying

I'm still around apparently

Wish I wasnt obese Crying

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:50 am
About 220 lbs. Had covid back in March. No fever. Headache, extremely dry throat, lost all sense of smell. If covid hadn't been going arpund, I probably wouldn't have realized what it was.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 1:11 am
I'm obese. I had two three days of low grade fever, lost my sense of smell and a slight cough. It took me a few weeks to feel all the way better, but so did lots of others... I'm almost 50.

I did take vitamins though.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 1:12 am
My mom is morbidly obese and mid 70s. She felt weak and sick, but BH, her oxygen levels stayed OK, and she did not need a hospital. BH, she has completely recovered and seems to have no lasting effects.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics