Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for LPN nursing job

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:31 pm
Hi does anyone know somehwere in brooklyn hiring LPN's?? Prety desperate but rather somewhere with other frum women/girls. Thanks!!

crl

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 12:46 pm
Check nursing homes to see if they’re hiring?

Lilac1859

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:34 pm
Hi! I'm in the same boat as you. There are not many frum LPNs out there. I'm new to Brooklyn so dont have so many resources. I've looked into home care agencies but I had a wasnt sure which were frum and which weren't and I only want to be sent to frum homes in safe communities. I also applied with some nursing homes that I heard have some frum staff but probably not really frum LPNs. Maybe we can work somewhere together!

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:36 pm
Ohmygosh! There’s a huuuuge need for this!

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:39 pm
Do any of you have trach/vent experience?
Contact white glove or greater New York I know of many open shifts in pediatrics (I’m sure geriatrics too if that’s what you prefer)

Lilac1859

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:44 pm
I'm a new graduate so as of now I don't have any experience. I spoke to whiteglove but wasnt impressed with the pay. My main concern with home care is that I'll be sitting in someone's house for 8 hours when the patient only needs limited medical attn. My mother used to do homecare and she was in and out of homes just to do treatments. I don't want to be a babysitter, or a nurse that mostly just observes the child in case they need medical attn. A big thing for me is that I will be stimulated at my job as well as have social interactions.

fiji

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:45 pm
Any Long term care facility is happy to hire LPNs

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:47 pm
ek22 wrote:
I'm a new graduate so as of now I don't have any experience. I spoke to whiteglove but wasnt impressed with the pay. My main concern with home care is that I'll be sitting in someone's house for 8 hours when the patient only needs limited medical attn. My mother used to do homecare and she was in and out of homes just to do treatments. I don't want to be a babysitter, or a nurse that mostly just observes the child in case they need medical attn. A big thing for me is that I will be stimulated at my job as well as have social interactions.

You can take a school job maybe?
Or you’re looking for a frum nursing home environment?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:50 pm
Hi!
So I actually posted for my sister who is single and doesn't have an account here but I'm sure she would be happy to work with someone frum.
She would LOVE a school job but can't find one looking. Do you know of any?
She tried LTC agencies but they required work on Sundays which she doesn't want.
Do you know otherwise?
Thanks!!

Lilac1859

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:53 pm
a LTC facility would be nice. Do you know of one where frum ladies work?
I think schools are also hesitant to hire now b/c theres a chance of them going back to Zoom teaching and they wont be needed a nurse

Lilac1859

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:56 pm
I looked into the Brooklyn center which used to be near me on Coney Island but now theyre in Crown Heights which a long commute and wasnt sure about how safe the area is. The Bedford center sounded nice because they have many frum residents and staff but theyre in Williamsburg which is also difficult for me. Another thing is I need the 7-3 shift because I need to be home evenings/nights and not all facilities were in need for that shift. Originally I didnt want a nursing home but at this point ill take anything with a nice work enviroment, easy commute and some frum co-workers. Since its my first nursing job it's hard to say where I'll be most happy

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:56 pm
ek22 wrote:
a LTC facility would be nice. Do you know of one where frum ladies work?
I think schools are also hesitant to hire now b/c theres a chance of them going back to Zoom teaching and they wont be needed a nurse

You can work homecare & request a school age child so majority of shift is in school. Though most kids going to school nurse is through BOE and they only approve RNs.
But I know kids staying home from school because they don’t have shifts covered...

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:59 pm
ek22 wrote:
I looked into the Brooklyn center which used to be near me on Coney Island but now theyre in Crown Heights which a long commute and wasnt sure about how safe the area is. The Bedford center sounded nice because they have many frum residents and staff but theyre in Williamsburg which is also difficult for me. Another thing is I need the 7-3 shift because I need to be home evenings/nights and not all facilities were in need for that shift. Originally I didnt want a nursing home but at this point ill take anything with a nice work enviroment, easy commute and some frum co-workers. Since its my first nursing job it's hard to say where I'll be most happy

Good luck in finding the perfect job.

hate to say it, but it does look like though you’re being a bit picky... especially for a first job.

Lilac1859

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:08 pm
Well to be honest with you gamzehyaavor, I'm not working for the money I'm looking to enjoy my job and keep me stimulated. After a very intense college program I should be able to request a good work environment, which is something I had without even having a degree. If I don't like my job there's nothing keeping me there so why not try to find a job I'd like? Thats just the way I see it

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:55 pm
ek22 wrote:
Well to be honest with you gamzehyaavor, I'm not working for the money I'm looking to enjoy my job and keep me stimulated. After a very intense college program I should be able to request a good work environment, which is something I had without even having a degree. If I don't like my job there's nothing keeping me there so why not try to find a job I'd like? Thats just the way I see it

Gezinterheit.
Just saying it may be hard to come by. Afaik most start out with something that’s not totally up their alley and once you have some experience under your belt, move towards an environment/hours that match up your dreams.

But if you no problem waiting around, and not in any rush- then good for you! Hatzlacha!

Lilac1859

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:59 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Gezinterheit.
Just saying it may be hard to come by. Afaik most start out with something that’s not totally up their alley and once you have some experience under your belt, move towards an environment/hours that match up your dreams.

But if you no problem waiting around, and not in any rush- then good for you! Hatzlacha!

Thank you! the idea of asking on here was to see if there are other frum women who are looking or working as an LPN with the hope of working together. After attending a not Jewish college and being the only Jew in the program I see the importance of having Jewish colleagues

crbc

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:02 pm
https://jewishnurses.org/jobs/

crbc

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 2:11 pm
https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=.....11230
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries