Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What kind of table?

myname1

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:13 am
I need a dining room table, and am not even sure if there is one that meets my "requirements." Here they are in order of importance, what do you think? Is there a material that works?
Can eat right on it on a daily basis and wipe it down with a sponge without worrying about ruining it.
Not extremely breakable for little kids.
Seats 8 people.
Expands to sit more people.
Has 4 legs.
Goes well with a wooden bookcase colored light wood.
Looks somewhat formal.

It seems like I want a formal look with the convenience of an informal table. I don't really want a specific table- more like does this exist and if so what should I be looking for? I'm in Israel and all the sites I looked at have either wood or glass, and wood seems too delicate for cleaning and glass seems too delicate for using...

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:52 am
What you want is an extension table with a wood-grain laminate (Formica or equivalent) top. If you find a wood table you love, consider getting a custom-cut sheet of glass or plexiglas to cover it, which will allow you to eat directly on it. Look for a good-quality laminate as cheap laminates will soon chip or peel. Look for a solid wood or plywood tabletop, not particle board.

Mayflower

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:03 am
We have a glass table and I don't consider it delicate at all... as long as the glass is thick enough, should be pretty solid and child friendly.
It is super convenient and easy to clean, plus I like the sleek look. The only downside is that it's a bit cold in the winter, but since you're in Israel that might not be an issue.

yonabets

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:55 am
myname1 wrote:
I need a dining room table, and am not even sure if there is one that meets my "requirements." Here they are in order of importance, what do you think? Is there a material that works?
Can eat right on it on a daily basis and wipe it down with a sponge without worrying about ruining it.
Not extremely breakable for little kids.
Seats 8 people.
Expands to sit more people.
Has 4 legs.
Goes well with a wooden bookcase colored light wood.
Looks somewhat formal.

It seems like I want a formal look with the convenience of an informal table. I don't really want a specific table- more like does this exist and if so what should I be looking for? I'm in Israel and all the sites I looked at have either wood or glass, and wood seems too delicate for cleaning and glass seems too delicate for using...

Did you buy it?
Because I also need one.
Where did you buy it ?
Are you happy with it?
Glass seems good what did you take?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars