Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Meatball recipe

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:45 am
I am looking for a kid friendly meatball recipe with a thick sauce that does not involve cranberries In any shape or form.

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 12:21 pm
I make "Italian" style meatballs. Not sweet at all and perfect for a sub sandwich or over rice or with spaghetti.

For every lb. of ground beef, add:
- 1 handful bread crumbs or matza meal.
- 1 egg

Liberally sprinkle onion powder and garlic powder into the meat, and mix well. Form into meatballs the size you prefer.

Sauce - use your favorite jar of marinara sauce. Use a few jars and also a few jars-full of water.
OR
2 of the massive cans of tomato sauce, and add onion powder, garlic (fresh/frozen/powder, whatever you have), basil/oregano if you like it, and salt.

On the stove top -
Bring sauce to boil and carefully put in the meatballs. Lower flame to simmer and leave it for 1.5 hours-2 hours. The sauce will be the perfect consistency and the meatballs will be perfect.

Note - for subs, I sear the meatballs first on all sides, then I put in marinara sauce with a ton of sautéed onions (sliced, not diced) and then simmer for about 45 mins.
Kid friendly tip - slice the sub/hoagie bun the wrong way, in half to make two buns. Hollow out the bun and leave the bottom closed. Fill with a few meatballs and make sure the sauce is coming out of the top. Now you have a meatball volcano!

In the Instant Pot -
Put in the sauce and set to sautee. When it starts to simmer, put in the meatballs. Set the machine to manual, 8 minutes. Let it npr. The sauce will be very watery so you may want to have more ready to go.

Cheshire cat

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:30 pm
This is dinner tonight.

I clipped it from the monsey view a while ago, and my family really likes it.

Chicken meatballs

2 lb ground white chicken
2 eggs
Half teaspoon salt
Quarter teaspoon black pepper
Half cup sugar
Half cup Carolina white rice
One and half cups water
Small to medium onion finely diced

In large bowl, combine eggs salt pepper sugar

Place rice and water in micro safe dish, cover almost completely, micro on hi for 3 min. Remove from microwave, let stand another 2-3 min. Drain any water that hasn't absorbed in rice and add rice to egg mixture.

Add onion and chicken, mix.

Refrigerate a few hours or overnight to firm up, so you can make neat balls

Sauce

2 bottles 64 oz tomato juice (bgan brand is good)
1 cup sugar
Half teaspoon salt
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Combine in 6 or 8 qt pot. Bring to a boil.

Scoop mixture with slightly wet hands. Drop into boiling sauce.

Reduce flame to low - medium and cook, covered, 1 1/2 hours
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics