Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Locking a Thread
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 1:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not upset. I started this thread to discuss the rules. I expressed that I feel readers and participant should get more of an explanation of why a thread got locked. I also explained why I feel this is fundamental to discussions on this site (a big deal). I was curious if others shared my opinion.

I absolutely agree, I now have a choice. My questions were answered by the mod, and I will do with them as I wish.

Glad you got the giggles, so sorry for anyone whose blood pressure was raised.

Since we’re both anonymous and I really mean your favor, I’d like to give you some constructive criticism. Your question in the first place was legit. An honest simple question to the mods. But you were answered at least 5 times and you did not know when to stop nudging. I believe the dialogue would still be going on if Watergirl wouldn’t make a stop to it. (Watergirl I truly admire your patience.) Such people suck energy IRL from all those around them. Sometimes the answer is NO and nudging nonstop won’t change it. Sorry if this sounds nasty but better hear it from some anonymous mom around here while you’re anonymous too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:04 pm
Thank you for sharing.
I did not find this nasty. You could even say this to my face without being Anon, and who knows, maybe one day you will. Very Happy

I thought the discussion was worthwhile, and gives Mods feedback. I wasn't sure if mods knew that some members care if threads are locked, and why it matters to them. (I'm still not sure if everyone gets it, but I tried to explain as best I could.) they are free to do whatever they want with this information.
Some posts were intended to clarify since I did feel that I might have been misunderstood. Looking back, I do not see any repetition or nudging, and I'm sorry that it was perceived that way. NO is a perfectly valid answer.

thanks

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for sharing.
I did not find this nasty. You could even say this to my face without being Anon, and who knows, maybe one day you will. Very Happy

I thought the discussion was worthwhile, and gives Mods feedback. I wasn't sure if mods knew that some members care if threads are locked, and why it matters to them. (I'm still not sure if everyone gets it, but I tried to explain as best I could.) They are free to do whatever they want with this.
Some posts were intended to clarify since I did feel that I might have been misunderstood. Looking back, I do not see any repetition or nudging, and I'm sorry that you do. NO is a perfectly valid answer.

Abi6

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:04 pm
The rules say that in the intimacy section some topics are off limits.I'm curious to know what exactly is not allowed,to me it seems the section covers most intimate topics!

imasoftov

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:45 pm
Abi6 wrote:
The rules say that in the intimacy section some topics are off limits.I'm curious to know what exactly is not allowed,to me it seems the section covers most intimate topics!

They're so off-limits that the rules would vanish if they mentioned them.

There are other types of secretly banned topics, too.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:42 pm
Abi6 wrote:

[comment removed -mod]

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
OP you are raising my blood pressure. Watergirl I’m sorry about what she’s doing to you. Banging head

I second this.
OP. Seriously. Stop. Grow up.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:36 pm
watergirl wrote:
I locked it and I left a note as to why. The OP asked us to lock it. Check the thread and you will see my post. It is not censorship. It is me, respecting the OP who was hurt (as she said in the thread) and asked that it not continue in her report of the post. Wouldn't you want me to do the same for you if you asked to lock a thread you started?

I think the OP can stop reading it if it’s hurtful but if others want to discuss, why can’t they?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I think the OP can stop reading it if it’s hurtful but if others want to discuss, why can’t they?

Then start your own thread. Or even better start your own blog, or website or anything else.
Some of my comments were deleted because a thread was deleted. So what? It’s not going to ruin my day. There are more important things in life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics