Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you consider yourself chubby?
1  2  3  Next

Do you consider yourself chubby/fat?
Yes  
 61%  [ 94 ]
No  
 38%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 154

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:15 pm
This post is NOT about weight. It's about your perception of it.

I was discussing this with my husband today. I consider myself very over weight even though I am not since I weigh much more than I used to.

I know everyone has a diff perception of themselves. So my question is. Do you consider yourself chubby?

Eta: removed height and weight

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:17 pm
Nope, cuz I'm not chubby I'm obese. Hiding

agreer

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:18 pm
Yes. I'm very fat and I know it.

And not just slightly overweight. Very.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:19 pm
I am BH not currently overweight but from what you described, neither are you!

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I was discussing this with my husband today. I am 5 4 and weigh 140 pounds and consider myself very over weight.

I know everyone has a diff perception of themselves. So my question is. Do you consider yourself chubby?

in the mirror without clothes on lol or with clothing?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:20 pm
Yes ๐Ÿ™
5 ft tall and almost 140 pounds ๐Ÿ˜”
Thatโ€™s too much for 5 ft tall...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:21 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I am BH not currently overweight but from what you described, neither are you!

So that's why this is about perception. I weighed significantly less my whole life. But the past few years I find the weight piling on. ( I'm a great cook bh) . Anyway so I consider myself very overweight, even if I am not by the charts since 140 for me is significantly more than I could have ever imagined I'd weigh

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I was discussing this with my husband today. I am 5 4 and weigh 140 pounds and consider myself very over weight.

I'm shocked you consider yourself "very" overweight considering that by most standard insurance tables, you are only 20 lbs overweight. BMI for you would be 24.0 which is considered...dum dum dum... NORMAL.

So why do you consider youself very overweight? Why not chubby, if anything at all.

I am 5' and 200 lbs. My weight is 100 lbs above standard insurance tables and my BMI is 39.1 which is VERY OBESE. I have tried countless diets and failed, and I am so, so ashamed. But I am at least self-aware enough to realize I am obese, not chubby, and not even very "overweight".

So what exactly is the point of your post, OP?

simcha2

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:22 pm
Not chubby, just fat.

But, I am created tzelem Elokim, I have a husband who appreciates all of me, and I'm comfortable with myself.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:24 pm
I have a chubby baby face but am small (5ft and 105 lbs)

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:25 pm
Iโ€™m 5.4 and 170 and consider myself very overweight.
Funny OP because my ideal weight would be 140...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:26 pm
5โ€™2 160 pounds..
I consider myself not skinny. I hate the challah rolls on my belly and back

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:26 pm
Yes and I'm nine months pregnant. I'm being serious though. I don't feel chubby because of the pregnancy but I do feel like I wasn't exercising as much as I would have liked for a lot of it (due to fatigue and other preg issues). My thighs now touch sometimes when I walk and I have a lot more fat on my hips. I tell myself that my body fluid can increase by 1/3 when pregnant so I'm hoping some of it melts away after the pregnancy. But I am looking forward to being able to exercise normally again (not sure how practical that will be post-partum).

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:30 pm
I'm 5ft tall and weigh 135. That's overweight for my height. I was 110 before I had my baby. I still didn't lose the weight a year later.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:31 pm
This thread is so disturbing!! when here I am 5'2" and 200 Lbs.
while I do know im overweight (and im working so hard on dieting) this thread is so discouraging, I feel like my world is collapsing. is it even worth trying so hard if ill never succeed even
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:32 pm
Not chubby, zaftig and adorably plump.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It is sad That you feel that way!!! Seems like a normal weight to me

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:42 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
This thread is so disturbing!! when here I am 5'2" and 200 Lbs.
while I do know im overweight (and im working so hard on dieting) this thread is so discouraging, I feel like my world is collapsing. is it even worth trying so hard if ill never succeed even
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

I'm so sorry. Please don't look at this thread or other people's "goals" or "disappointments" as something that has anything to do with you or where anyone should hope to be in life.

I took the point of this thread to be "do you 'feel' overweight". A lot of us have image and perception issues (can be related to anxiety/ocd/or other disorders). I've had image perception issues since I was a teen, and I later found out that my aunts (whom I didn't know) did too. It may be partly genetic.

I know it's not ideal to be nine months pregnant and feel like I'm doing something wrong body-wise when my body is meanwhile doing amazing, miraculous things for our family. I haven't even gotten on a scale since I think the first trimester because it was too depressing to me. Now in my ninth month, I feel like being pregnant is a good "cover" but I'm worried about what I'll look like after the birth. Does that make sense? Is that something you should emulate? Chv no!

I think what we do have in common is that we are two people who deserve to be loved and to love ourselves for who we are, and our bodies as they are, and we both judge ourselves and our bodies. Halevai we could all love ourselves and our bodies.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:44 pm
I am genuinely sorry if this post offended anyone. That's why I specified it's not about weight, rather your perception of it.
Wish I left out my weight and height in my OP. That wasn't the point.
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:45 pm
To me, the word chubby only applies to babies and young kids. These days, I say I am still growing.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics