Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Low Carb Ladies - what do you eat to feel full??
Previous  1  2

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:32 pm
I find I need to eat a huge salad at lunch and dinner to be really satisfied.

Low carb means eating protein and FAT, not protein and veggies.

Low carb veggies are OK but not potatoes or sweet potatoes, corn, peas, winter squash, etc. Some include carrots as hi carb

If I'm still hungry at the end of the day I'll eat a can of green beans with salad dressing.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:45 pm
How do you all have the time and patience to prepare all this food, for you alone?

Raw salads, cooked vegetables, fish, chicken, etc... wow, seems like a lot of time.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
PM Andrea Levy or look for her posts
She has been successful with this lifestyle and can guide you
Very helpful

Don’t eat: fruit, sweetener, sugar, grains
Eat: meat, eggs, cheese inclining the fat inherent in it.

Scramble your eggs in butter. Use olive oil on your veg, cream in your coffee. Eat as much as you need to to feel full. Don’t look at the scale. Break your carb habit. Salt also helps.

You can pm me your email and I’ll send you a PDF.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:24 pm
You don't feel full after eating salmon and broccoli for breakfast? Or grilled chicken and peas?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 4:39 am
I just found a local source for kosher beef "bacon". Oh my yum, this little BT girl is so happy!

I fry up a pan full, and munch on it as a snack, just like potato chips, but more satisfying. I save the pan grease for cooking chicken breasts so they don't dry out. It makes good scrambled eggs, too.

Sometimes I even make a "bacon ranch" salad dressing with the grease, some apple cider vinegar, and a bit of mayo as a binder. Salt and pepper/other spices as you like it.

You can make a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber, and add chopped "bacon" meat with the ranch dressing. It's just like having a BLT without the bread.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 4:56 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
How do you all have the time and patience to prepare all this food, for you alone?

Raw salads, cooked vegetables, fish, chicken, etc... wow, seems like a lot of time.

Keep it simple
Salad for me is usually opening a bag of DOLE Classic salad or Coleslaw
For Shabbat I chop and fill big containers full of peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, kohl rabi, Raddishes, smaller containers of onion and garlic.
Any leftovers get used up during the week

SECRET TIP - fold 2 pieces of paper towel on the bottom of the container to keep fresh

Proteins are roasted, 2-3 spices sprinkled
Sometimes I pre season raw and freeze

Pulled beef is just leftover roast from Shabbat
Same with chicken for chicken salad or anything that’s made with shredded chicken

Roasted veggies are usually bought frozen added to the sheet pan once protein is 1/2 way cooked or vice versa if it’s a protein that needs less time

Meatballs/meatloaf - are ready in the freezer
Yum with mash cauliflower

Bone broth I always have tubs in the freezer

I only do special/ complicated for Shabbat OCCASIONALLY
And then I try to double up and freeze

Also- whatever protein and veg I eat, the rest of the family eats- I add a starch for them.

cbg

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 4:58 am
Frantic Frummie-
Do you have a recipe for ranch dressing

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:08 am
What do you do if raw veggies don't agree with you when not tempered by carbs, and too many don't agree either way?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:09 am
cbg wrote:
Frantic Frummie-
Do you have a recipe for ranch dressing

Sorry, I never cook with exact amounts. I just taste until I get what I like.

Remove "bacon" from the pan, and let the fat cool to room temp. Add a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. Add a few tablespoons of mayo, and blend with a fork until completely smooth. Add freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of garlic powder, a pinch of onion powder, and some salt. You can also add finely chopped fresh parsley if you want.

Adjust the seasonings until it tastes right to you. If it's not tangy enough, add a bit of vinegar at a time until it's better. Remember that you want it to taste fairly strong, because it's going over very mild veggies.

Dice the "bacon" meat into 1/2 inch pieces, and save to sprinkle on top. (Make a double batch of "bacon", because you will want to snack on it while you are cooking. Your kids will be stealing some, too. LOL )

A good trick is to cut up the tomatoes first, and add them to the bowl with the dressing. Stir it around until the tomato juice mixes with the dressing and thins it out a little bit. Then add all the other ingredients. Don't add any lettuce until the very last minute.

You can add thinly sliced red onions, chopped toasted almonds, toasted sesame seeds, and other yummy things to make it even more interesting.

If you add sliced beets, add them right before serving, and don't stir them in! If you do, the whole salad will turn pink, and won't be as pretty (or you can serve them on the side.)

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:52 pm
mra01385 wrote:
To jade, Whose andrea levy?

I’m Andrea Levy. You’re welcome to search for my posts. I share freely my experience.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I cannot just eat proteins and veg. I don’t ever feel full that way

You probably arent eating enough. Eat until you are satiated. Not til you are still hungry.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:20 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I just found a local source for kosher beef "bacon". Oh my yum, this little BT girl is so happy!

I fry up a pan full, and munch on it as a snack, just like potato chips, but more satisfying. I save the pan grease for cooking chicken breasts so they don't dry out. It makes good scrambled eggs, too.

Sometimes I even make a "bacon ranch" salad dressing with the grease, some apple cider vinegar, and a bit of mayo as a binder. Salt and pepper/other spices as you like it.

You can make a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber, and add chopped "bacon" meat with the ranch dressing. It's just like having a BLT without the bread.

Fun!!!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I start my day off with a blended buttered coffee
2 Tbsp butter blended into hot coffee
It sounds strange but it’s actually VERY delicious and decadent. Very satisfying.

Then around 11 - I have a very large leafy green salad with full fat homemade mayo and 2 eggs or tuna or leftover protein from dinner, protein about 4oz.

Around 4:30/5
I’ll have a very large leafy green salad with mayo dressing
with a FATTY protein, about 4oz
Sometimes I’ll have a little bit of a hot veg
Mushrooms, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, anything that’s less than 5g carbs/100grams. And then I’ll have a small portion
Sometimes I’ll add some bone broth, sometimes plain sometimes I’ll add my low carb veggie to it.

I mix up my proteins as not to get bored
Chicken, steak, fish, eggs and cheese, ground beef,
Sometimes I’ll make cauliflower pizza, chaffles-cheese waffles, or cream cheese egg pancakes- but for the most part I stick to fleishigs, since it keeps me satisfied the longest, especially for dinner

I needed to lose 50lbs
In the beginning I lost about 5 lbs a month
I lose very slowly.
So far I’ve lost 25lbs. 😃
But for the last 4 months I haven’t lost
I go down 3 and back up 3
But I’ve noticed other health benefits, energy, skin issues resolving, diminished joint pain.
My eye floaters have disappeared.

I know I need to add some exercise. I’m lazy when it comes to this. I just can’t find something I enjoy.

I try to stay away from sweets/treats, even if they are low carb. Also I try not to eat nuts- when ever I had treats or nuts I over did it.
I make treats for Shabbos but now I make a very small portion as to not over do it. Sometimes I just don’t make it.

One last thing - I drink at least 64oz of water. I try more, but I don’t like to use the bathroom outside of my home.

I thought eye floaters never disappear you just don't notice them anymore?
Floaters are diet related???

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:53 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I thought eye floaters never disappear you just don't notice them anymore?
Floaters are diet related???

I still have floaters but my retinopathy resolved, so I’ll take it!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:54 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
What do you do if raw veggies don't agree with you when not tempered by carbs, and too many don't agree either way?

Do t eat things that don’t agree with you. Eat things that do agree with you.

smss

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:55 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

Eat what does work well for your body. Nothing is for everyone. Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise