Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller strategy in Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:01 pm
I live in Israel without a car. Mostly walk places and take busses. I will have kids who are 4 2 and 0. I'm trying to figure out what strollers I need. The 4 and 2 year olds can walk but don't always agree to. I've never seen a triple stroller but it seems nice to have a seat for everyone.
Is a double stroller the way to go?
A single stroller with a standing or sitting attachment?
A single without an attachment, forcing other kids walk?
Main uses are dropping kids off at daycare and grocery shopping.

Success10

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:11 pm
Double stroller. 4 year old needs to walk already. If he truly refuses, you can squish him in there somewhere with the other 2, but I don't think it's fair to you.

My general Israel strategy is that my stroller is my shopping cart, hence it gets destroyed. Not to mention all the stairs and hills in our lovely land. I buy used and cheap and turn them over frequently. I find good deals on Yad2, but you might get lucky on Janglo.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:14 pm
Thanks. Do you recommend a particular model? How much should I expect to pay?
And do I need a single stroller, too, or just a double?

Rappel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The City double is extremely versatile, strong, and also folds up beautifully. It goes for about 900 shek Yad2. If you join Facebook groups for second-hand strollers, then you can sometimes find much better deals than that.

I agree that a double, with perhaps an attached standing board, is the way to go. Your 4 year old should be walking, but if you're out for hours then he needs to rest periodically.

Success10

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's best to have a single as well, if you can afford it. I always go with the city mini for my singles. For double, you have to measure the width of your doorway, elevator if you have one. Some prefer the strollers with one kid in front of the other. Those can be hard on the stairs with weight distribution, but they are easier in stores and narrow situations. If I ever had to get another double, I'd get the mountain buggy or city mini (side by side strollers).

TBT

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:47 pm
Mountain buggy was great for us as it was small but I think citi mini is cheaper amd maybe stronger. I would probably go for citi mini next time

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:10 am
Thanks. Has anyone had trouble with the width of the city mini? Looks much wider than the mtn buggy. What about depth and foldability? Reliability? Which is a better model, needs fewer repairs?
Has anyone used a buggy board with these doubles for these ages or will the stroller itself be enough?
Thanks!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:15 am
I had the mountain buggy when I lived in Israel and loved it. It’s narrow so I didn’t have trouble maneuvering it in tight spaces and it’s extremely sturdy with big wheels that just GO! I can’t speak for the buggy board though because at that point I only had 2 kids.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:18 am
I have a city mini double gt. I often had four kids sitting on it. The front is easily bigger enough for kids to sit on. I would recommend the gt because it's a lot lighter to push. I have kids closer in age this buggy has been my saviour.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 2:38 am
Thanks for the responses. All very helpful. Has anyone put a third child in the mtn buggy? (In response to the previous poster who put four kids in a city mini.)
What about the baby monsters or valco double or a single with a buggy board that allows for sitting?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 6:43 am
Reviving this thread to try to get more opinions about the mountain buggy duet vs. city mini double. Anyone else? Pros? Cons?
I notice that the mountain buggy is significantly more expensive. What do you get for the extra money?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:01 am
Fwiw I went to my friends house in a very very Haredi neighborhood in Jerusalem and everyone had the "easy twin" stroller by Baby Monsters. It's not cheap, but I figured there must be something to it if that's what everyone has.

Then when #2 was born before I could buy the Easy Twin, I found a like-new tandem double stroller for 300₪ second-hand so I got that instead and haven't regretted it. Tandem is great for narrow sidewalks, seems like it would be a pain for busses or folding in car but I never use it for travel.

I'm guessing that the Easy Twin is the narrowist side-by-side, the best for busses, and stands the test of time, and that's why everyone had it.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:08 am
There is a standing board for the City Mini strollers.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:09 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Fwiw I went to my friends house in a very very Haredi neighborhood in Jerusalem and everyone had the "easy twin" stroller by Baby Monsters. It's not cheap, but I figured there must be something to it if that's what everyone has.

Then when #2 was born before I could buy the Easy Twin, I found a like-new tandem double stroller for 300₪ second-hand so I got that instead and haven't regretted it. Tandem is great for narrow sidewalks, seems like it would be a pain for busses or folding in car but I never use it for travel.

I'm guessing that the Easy Twin is the narrowist side-by-side, the best for busses, and stands the test of time, and that's why everyone had it.

Everyone likes to be the same in some neighborhoods.

blessedjmom

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:11 am
I used the mountain buggy duet . It's a strong narrow excellent double stroller. It's a little heavy but wheels very well. I was very happy with it.
Used it with 3 kids at times too. had my oldest sit in the front part holding on. Or 2 on a side...
Or even on the handle- only when DH was pushing.
And it's still in excellent condition.

(I'm actually looking to sell mine) you can pm me if you're interested.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:25 am
Get a carrier (not the bjorn) and a double. You can wear the baby on your front or the two year old on your back whenever the four year old wants to sit.
So much was than pushing with the buggy board.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 8:28 am
Wearing the kids like that out and about would kill my back.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:41 am
City mini double:
Pros-lightweight for a double, folds really flat and easily.
Cons-quite wide-doesn't fit through doorways etc, not as easy to push, non adjustable handle

Mountain buggy Duet:
Pros-very narrow so fits through all doorways etc, wheels and pushes really nicely and easily, adjustable handle, can fit a buggyboard onto the back, or put a child on the really large footplate at the front.
Cons-heavy to lift (you don't really feel it when pushing) and really big when folded

Easy twin monster seems to be almost the same as the duet, just cheaper-I don't know how the quality etc compares though.

If you're using it out and about, for walking, shopping et, I would say the duet over the city mini, you can't compare the push and the way it goes round corners and narrow spaces. But if you are going in and out cars, your dira is tiny and you need to keep it folded, you might want to look at the city mini. I think you can get carrycots and car seats to attach to both if that's relevant.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:53 am
The duet is stronger, better quality, better push etc. that’s why it’s more expensive. IME mountain buggy strollers last forever. The frame is so strong my husband calls it the monster.
I find that citi mini’s tip easily.

blessedjmom

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:02 pm
I the easy twin monster is more expensive at this point. Not 100% sure. But I think that's what I've heard
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics