Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Private Forum for the super wealthy?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Rena K

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
It's nice to have such a high level of emunah and bitachin, but I'm afraid this just isn't true.
You say that "Hashem evens it out"? Do you really believe that? You find that people that are wealthy have problems elsewhere, and people that are poor have fewer problems elsewhere so that overall, yidden have the same amount of problems? This is just false. Hashem is mysterious and his ways are mysterious. Some people are benched with endless bracha and others have endless suffering. Hashem doesn't "even it out". How could you make this argument?

You clearly didn't read or understand my last paragraph. "Evens it out" and "fair" to me means that we each have an equal chance at life. Every person, no matter their difficulties, has an equal chance at a good life, while fulfilling their tafkid. Sometimes it's harder for someone with an "easy" life to fulfill their tafkid. Everyone has all of what they need. Everyone is challenged in their lives.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:17 pm
Right because we need to look for more ways to divide us Chas v Shalom

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 7:04 am
This is a very interesting conversation. On one hand, having money does help many challenging situations and lack of money definitely exacerbates those situations. On the other hand, you can say the same thing about shalom bayis or many other blessings a person can have.

There's also a big difference between wanting financial stability and wanting to be super wealthy. Financial stability definitely reduces stress in life but once you have enough for all your needs and some of your wants, more money doesn't make you happier. There are a different set of stresses that come with extreme wealth along with the blessings it brings. For many people it's probably still a net positive in their life but not as much as us poor folk would like to think.

At the end of the day, my shalom bayis is worth more to me than all the money in the world. It smooths over more issues than money can. It eases my depression, anxiety, financial troubles, chronic pain, family of origin issues and the many more struggles I have in my life. My secure loving marriage is like sunshine that makes everything feel more hopeful, comforting and bright.

Money is something, but it is far from everything.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 7:18 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
This is a very interesting conversation. On one hand, having money does help many challenging situations and lack of money definitely exacerbates those situations. On the other hand, you can say the same thing about shalom bayis or many other blessings a person can have.

There's also a big difference between wanting financial stability and wanting to be super wealthy. Financial stability definitely reduces stress in life but once you have enough for all your needs and some of your wants, more money doesn't make you happier. There are a different set of stresses that come with extreme wealth along with the blessings it brings. For many people it's probably still a net positive in their life but not as much as us poor folk would like to think.

At the end of the day, my shalom bayis is worth more to me than all the money in the world. It smooths over more issues than money can. It eases my depression, anxiety, financial troubles, chronic pain, family of origin issues and the many more struggles I have in my life. My secure loving marriage is like sunshine that makes everything feel more hopeful, comforting and bright.

This post brought tears to my eyes. Money I have plenty but Shalom Bayis is something I dream of. My lack of Shalom bayis exacerbates all my many other problems. I always feel if I had Shalom Bayis I can handle anything. Just like some people feel like money at least lowers the severity of many issues, I feel like Shalom Bayis would lower the severity of all my issues.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:22 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
This post brought tears to my eyes. Money I have plenty but Shalom Bayis is something I dream of. My lack of Shalom bayis exacerbates all my many other problems. I always feel if I had Shalom Bayis I can handle anything. Just like some people feel like money at least lowers the severity of many issues, I feel like Shalom Bayis would lower the severity of all my issues.

Hugs!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:28 am
imorethanamother wrote:
I always say yes without missing a beat.

It is not a hallucination, and if it is, we are clearly suffering from shared delusional disorder. Which means we have bigger problems.

LOL

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

Hug

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

Well said.

Abi6

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:20 pm
It seems that there are very clearly different sorts of super wealthy people.
Those that live frivolous lifestyles chasing luxuries and enjoyments.
And those that spend their time figuring out the best way the money can help other people etc.
The joking posts here were referring to the first sort,and those that were insulted probably belong to the second.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 4:15 pm

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 7:35 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Obviously,this is meant for fun but just want to state that there are plenty,as in LOTS! of Wealthy people who do not have maids, butlers, fancy cars or clothes, and do not flaunt their money, or enjoy the luxuries you imagine them to. Its just not in their DNA.

I want to apologize for the things I wrote.

Actually, I had mixed feelings about this thread - I was also disturbed by the stereotypes that were transported - on the other hand the caricatures were good fun and not meant to hurt anybody.

I took the wrong decision and decided to participate, and not only that, I might have written the most hurtful posts in this thread.

This was wrong and I apologize.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 7:56 am
That's big of you. We're all human after all.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics