Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Play group
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:45 pm
I have been doing a 2 year old playgroup for almost 20 years. When I started I would fill up in Aug- Sep. I usually put one ad the week after Peach then put in ads through out Aug.

The last few years have been nuts people have been calling me in Oct. This year I have been getting calls before Sukkos. It is nuts, a lot of kids coming into my group next year are not even walking yet. I am not taking names, from experience any one who never send to my play group who signs up now will back out. Why are people going nuts with 2 year old?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 4:55 pm
It's every age

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:12 pm
Because there is a shortage of 2yr old playgroups!!!
I have the same experience as you, I could have written your post beside that I'm taking registration already! I had someone who tried to register, I told her she had some time but when she called back a few months later I was full! And she was really not happy!

Last September I was still getting numerous calls from desperate parents that were still looking for a playgroup!

Java

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:16 pm
Anyone read the kichels last week? LOL

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:36 pm
There’s not enough playgroups to go around. Sad

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been doing a 2 year old playgroup for almost 20 years. When I started I would fill up in Aug- Sep. I usually put one ad the week after Peach then put in ads through out Aug.
Just a few years ago I signed up my daughter for two year olds in July. This year with her little brother the morahs were all full in October.

Chs didn’t become a thing until a few years ago. Until then they had a wait list and people were waiting for a slot for years. Now a lot of newlyweds who would have opened playgroups are taking chs jobs instead. And a lot of morahs are closing their groups to work for chs.

amother
Babypink

I have a baby who will be older 2s next year and some places I was looking into are already full. I have no interest in signing up this early I think it’s crazy but I also don’t want to be stuck

amother
Salmon

2 yrs old is so hard to find these days. A lot of playgroups shut down bec of CHS and ppl panic they won’t get a slot.
(I registered my 2 yr old about 1-2 was before school this year. It seemed like many groups had 1 or 2 openings still then and they filled up quickly in August. I have to drive 10 min out of my way each way bec no one does that age anywhere near me).

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:43 pm
I'm new to Lakewood and signed up my son this week, as per the advice of friends.

Guess what? Only one playgroup had one slot left!

Why don't all the Morahs decide together that they will not take any registrations until August??

Seriously, I'm not even sure what hours and what I need for next year.

This Morah said she doesn't do nap time. Am I to know now if my son will outgrow his nap by then? Maybe I'd rather send him to a group that does have nap time? But either way he is signed up.

sky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:44 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
I'm new to Lakewood and signed up my son this week, as per the advice of friends.

Guess what? Only one playgroup had one slot left!

Why don't all the Morahs decide together that they will not take any registrations until August??

Seriously, I'm not even sure what hours and what I need for next year.

This Morah said she doesn't do nap time. Am I to know now if my son will outgrow his nap by then? Maybe I'd rather send him to a group that does have nap time? But either way he is signed up.

They tried having everyone wait until tu b’shvat but not everyone kept to it so it fell apart. Lakewood isn’t really a cohesive community for anyone to make guidelines.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:45 pm
This is a problem, many times the parents, and even Morahs don't know were they are going to be living the next year. Many people sign up now then in a few months something happens and they move, the great playgroup is now in a terrible place. I know of Morahs that moved and now instead of doing it in their house they have to rent a new place.

If you missed sign up now wait 'till Aug. that is when the whole town shuffles around with every one trying to get a better place.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:43 pm
Put yourself on the waiting list of the morah you liked, if someone cancels she will call you to let you know! It does happen once in a while!

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I have a baby who will be older 2s next year and some places I was looking into are already full. I have no interest in signing up this early I think it’s crazy but I also don’t want to be stuck

Same here Sad
It’s crazy to plan so far ahead, especially at this age. But yes, the places around my area are full.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 1:43 am
I, for one, have been living in lakewood for a couple of years. I signed up my now two year old for playgroup for this year, many many months ago. At the last minute, the playgroup morah moved away and didn’t open. I quickly put my son on a waiting list at another playgroup, but he’s been sitting on the top of the waiting list ever since. School has started about 7 weeks ago and my son is still home without a playgroup. 😜. I have called approximately 30 different Playgroup’s to find a spot for him, but to no avail. Talk about lack of space.
So anyone here who has a playgroup for younger two’s (or knows someone that does) and would be interested in having and adorable and smart two year old, please send me their contact info. 😉
North Lakewood pls.

sweet

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:00 am
Why does a 2 year old need playgroup?
I never sent a 2 year old out..
Keep him entertained and he will be ok.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:17 am
sweet wrote:

Well for most 2 year olds they need food and shelter so that often means mommy has to work, and someone has to watch them during the day.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:30 am
sweet wrote:

You just gave me an idea, since there's not enough slots...we should reserve slots for working mothers exclusively.
Whoever does not work will have to entertain their kids... it's not that hard!
LOL yeah, I'm just kidding!!! LOL

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:44 am
sweet wrote:

There are many reason why a two year old might need a playgroup...

1) working parents
2) very active 2 year old that needs extra stimulation
3) one or two younger siblings (yes, some people have kids very close one to the other)
4) mother is unable to fully give the toddler attention due to other responsibilities or health issues.
There are plenty others and each family has their own dynamic and needs.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I, for one, have been living in lakewood for a couple of years. I signed up my now two year old for playgroup for this year, many many months ago. At the last minute, the playgroup morah moved away and didn’t open. I quickly put my son on a waiting list at another playgroup, but he’s been sitting on the top of the waiting list ever since. School has started about 7 weeks ago and my son is still home without a playgroup. 😜. I have called approximately 30 different Playgroup’s to find a spot for him, but to no avail. Talk about lack of space.
So anyone here who has a playgroup for younger two’s (or knows someone that does) and would be interested in having and adorable and smart two year old, please send me their contact info. 😉
North Lakewood pls.

Hi! I am looking for a younger 2s group for this coming september and am having trouble finding names of people who do this age. Ideally I'd like extended hours, but I know I can't be picky. Would you be able to list the playgroups you called?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:12 pm
What many people do in your situation is advertise that they are forming a group starting now (or next month) Advertise for a teacher, it will be easy to get kids it will depend on Mazel to get a teacher -it helps if you know someone who might want a job. Good luck
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries