Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Does anyone have a Roomba that you can control?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:00 pm
I'm on my third model, but I don't get how this is supposed to work.

The thing just goes randomly around the room, goes over some spots ten times, and some spots doesn't get to at all.

Is there any model that you can control remotely from your phone or something like that?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:41 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....mage#

This one is a smart vacuum. It works with an app and maps out room.

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 3:52 pm
I have the Roborock S6. It's great!! And yes, it maps your house and gives you eminent control over where it goes or doesn't go. If you want to go one step fancier,I've heard the S6 Max even identifies objects for you if it, say, meets a lost sock under the bed, but I haven't seen it in action.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:07 pm
I have an ecovacs deebot t5 and love it. It used LIDAR for navigation, so it works in an organized way, even in the dark and creates a map of the house. You can use the app to select a room or one section. You can block parts of the house, too. It can learn different maps for different floors. It also has a mopping feature but it's kind of meh.

I learned about it on YouTube vacuumwars.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:25 pm
Anyone tried the ones with the mops attached? I wonder if it does a good job with both mopping and vacuuming

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:40 pm
I have a Roborock. It has a mop attachment but I don’t use it much since it only does a very light clean. The vacuum function is awesome and you can control it from your phone.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 4:47 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Anyone tried the ones with the mops attached? I wonder if it does a good job with both mopping and vacuuming

The ecovacs deebot t5 model I mentioned earlier has a mopping feature. You can't put detergent in it, so it's only good for a very light superficial clean. If I want to get a better job out of it, I spray detergent on the floor and make the deebot repeat the mopping job several times.

I also learned from experience that it's best not to make it vacuum and clean at the same time.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
The ecovacs deebot t5 model I mentioned earlier has a mopping feature. You can't put detergent in it, so it's only good for a very light superficial clean. If I want to get a better job out of it, I spray detergent on the floor and make the deebot repeat the mopping job several times.

I also learned from experience that it's best not to make it vacuum and clean at the same time.

It is very helpful, thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry