Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Drops of urine before 8yr making it to bathroom. urologist?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:13 pm
My daughter is 8 and still bed wets most nights.

she used to be wet daily or almost daily when she was younger even after toilet trained for a couple years. she always claimed it would just come out. not a full blown accident like a puddle. but quite wet on her underwear and sometimes a little onto leggings or tights in that area. Just today she told me that most days she ends up with a few drops urine on her underwear before she makes it to the bathroom. She says she doesnt feel the need to go until the last second and a few drops come out before she goes to the bathroom. She told me she even tried to put a couple tissues in there to catch the drips (!!) Crying

Is there any fixable condition that could cause this? would she need a urologist? Or can it possibly still be something she grows out of? Any insight? Anyone else had this with their kids and what could it be

hotzenplotz

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:15 pm
please ask from a Yitzy Twerski 718 644 3434 for a referral to a urologist.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 11:24 pm
hotzenplotz wrote:
please ask from a Yitzy Twerski 718 644 3434 for a referral to a urologist.

I'm not in NY. do you have experience with this or you're just saying he would be a good contact for referrals?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 1:01 am
My daughter is six and has the same issues you mention. I haven't dealt with it. Waiting to see if anyone has any advice

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:19 am
anyone??

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:22 am
My 8 year old has this, as does her best friend. It's improved over the years, gets worse during times like Corona when there's no structure. It might be linked with ADHD or sensory issues. There are programs to help with the issues, but I'm just waiting it out.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:28 am
One thing I know that is similar to kegels, but for children- first, help her identify the muscle (by stopping while urinating) then a few times a day she should close all her sphincters- eyes, mouth, urinary... it's pretty much kegels but easier for them.
You don't have much to lose by taking her to a urologist and making sure everything is normal.
You can also try reflexology if you believe in it. It's supposed to help.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:39 am
An ot helped my daughter with this-- bodily awareness, sensory, tightening the muscles, reflex integration.

She fully integrated at age 8 at a time when stress was very low.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:02 pm
We're having similar issues with our 6 year old. The doctor told us to have her go to the bathroom regularly, even if she doesn't feel like she needs to go. Once she urinates, she's supposed to wait a minute and then try to push out any remaining urine while counting to 10.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:28 pm
thanks for the replies, for those that responded, does your kid also wet the bed?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 2:21 pm
did anyone find using fiber to be less constipated helped? I'm vaguely remembering that could be a thing that affects bladder control..

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 2:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
did anyone find using fiber to be less constipated helped? I'm vaguely remembering that could be a thing that affects bladder control..

I have heard that constipation could be a factor, but I think that's more with bowel accidents. Regarding night wetting, my child does not wet the bed, but her friend who has similar issues does wet the bed (I haven't had an update recently so not sure if she still does).

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for the replies, for those that responded, does your kid also wet the bed?

My child has never been night trained. She wears pull-ups to bed and wakes up soaking wet every morning.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 3:55 pm
who is yitzi twerski and why should anyone ask him for a referral to a urologist? What are his credentials? Twerski, not the urologist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics