Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O what is something you like about your community and

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 6:07 pm
what is something you like about your community (or group) and what's something you like about another community (or group) that your community (or group) doesn't have/do?

Add in what community/group if your comfortable

Keep it positive!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 6:15 pm
I'm Sephardic. I love the emphasis on chesed. I'm in a community of israelis and I love how everyone cares enough to get in my business.

I really admire how chassidim have a very mother and child-friendly culture. Like kimpeturin homes, and a lot of communal things women can do with children and marriage support etc. I feel like we've slacked on that the last few years.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 7:27 pm
I live in a neighborhood knows for wealth and privilege. ALL anyone says about the place is "oh you live there? It's so jappy, so snobby, so unfriendly ". I wish people could see the flip side of living in such a wealthy community. How much chesed os available. How when we needed tuition assistance mid-year, the school didn't even have us complete paperwork, they just waived our tuition for a few month.
Money can be used for good too. And there is so much good, mixed in with the materialism.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics