Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Toddler taking arms out of seatbelt

Elkec

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:21 pm
My 2 year old is in a car seat with a buckle over her chest and by the crotch. She began to take her arms out of the buckle, effectively just having the crotch part as a buckle.
Any suggestions how to have her keep it on?
It usually happens once I’m already driving and can’t always stop hr car to fix it.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:22 pm
Elkec wrote:
My 2 year old is in a car seat with a buckle over her chest and by the crotch. She began to take her arms out of the buckle, effectively just having the crotch part as a buckle.
Any suggestions how to have her keep it on?
It usually happens once I’m already driving and can’t always stop hr car to fix it.

Why don’t you just teach her how to drive?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:23 pm
You need to make the seatbelt tighter

behappy2

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 11:25 pm
Pull over as soon as you could. In my family this a do not cross line. We just won't budge with anyone not properly seatbelts. Eventually they should stop doing it.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:47 am
I had a Houdini like that. We tightened the straps so she couldn't escape so easily and kept an eye on her so we could pull over and rebuckle her if necessary. If that hadn't worked, my friend suggested a trick I was going to try next. Put the child in a button down shirt over his clothing (so a size too big) but don't button it until he's buckled into the car seat. Button the shirt over the buckle and it will be far more difficult for him to escape.

Elkec

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 1:07 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I had a Houdini like that. We tightened the straps so she couldn't escape so easily and kept an eye on her so we could pull over and rebuckle her if necessary. If that hadn't worked, my friend suggested a trick I was going to try next. Put the child in a button down shirt over his clothing (so a size too big) but don't button it until he's buckled into the car seat. Button the shirt over the buckle and it will be far more difficult for him to escape.

That’s an original one- thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics