Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
High Exposure (rock climbing and ninja worrier)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 6:41 pm
My teenage daughter is begging me to sign her up for classes.
We are frum Bais Yaakov a bit left yeshivish.
Her friends are going but they are a bit less frum than we are.
Is it a place for a Bais Yaakov girl to go to. It is mixed. She will of course wear a skirt but I dont know enough about it.
Anyone ever go that could give me some info.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 8:49 pm
I don’t know anything about this place but if your dd is going rock climbing she’d better be wearing baggy pants under her skirt.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 9:05 pm
I know the manager there. He works for me.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 10:08 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Really? Thats so cool.
So what do you think? It is not really tznius to do?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 10:32 pm
Ninja worrier, is that like ocd?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 10:38 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Nice. What are your thoughts on organizing girls only classes?

My answer to OP's question would be no, I don't think it works. Not only is it mixed but the instructors are male as well and sometimes walking under the kids. But I would love an all girls class if it could happen.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:08 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Ninja worrier, is that like ocd?

"he's right behind me, isn't he?"

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:36 am
Personally not to my standard. I am very much in this industry. Its really a struggle but I would not go to a mixed gym and definitely be trained by a male even in a skirt.
My kids are growing up with an athlete mama so they know that there is so much more to tznius than wearing the skirt.
BUT.
I might make a different decision if there were other factors in play with my teenage daughter.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:55 am
I don't know this exact place, but as a matter of principle I would absolutely sign her up. It's improtant for children to do physical activities and if she likes that, ma tov! also that's the kind of thing that can give her a lot of self-confidence and perhaps also some notions of self-defense...

Also, if children are good, we should try and go along with their wishes. I would not take into consideration what other people might think or do, this might backfire, especially with teenagers... To them, it matters a lot that they are more important to you than what the community might think...

Also I don't understand the inyan of wearing a skirt... back when I was young, frum girls and women wore appropriate clothing for sport activities... riding pants for horseback riding, skiing pants for skiing, etc...

This idea to insist on wearing skirts everywhere is a new meshigaas... Sometimes just a bit ridiculous, sometimes outright dangerous...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children