Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to tell cleaning lady I don’t want to continue

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 2:44 pm
I’ve had this cleaning lady once a week for 4 weeks now (3-5 hours each time). I haven’t been super happy with her work but I thought I will teach/train etc.

Except that I can’t seem to make headway with the rules of keeping meat/dairy dishes separate (when washing/putting away dishes) and I just don’t want to keep trying, I can’t risk these mixups. (Other frustrating elements too but that’s the one I can’t just be patient with.)

What’s the nicest way to say “Please don’t come back”?

Most of my communication has been via text so I think I can communicate this via text too, but how to say it?

nw11

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 2:46 pm
I would text:

Thank you so much for all your help over the past few weeks. As of ___ I will no longer require your services. Wishing you much success in the future.

Abi6

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 3:03 pm
Don't burn your bridges!Tell her for now you don't require her services but will let her know if you do soon.
You may find yourself desperate enough to have her,even if it means she does not go near the kitchen

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:59 am
Thank you both! I feel bad I dropped the ball and didn’t communicate sooner and she’s supposed to come tomorrow and texted me to ask how I am (probably because she knows I’m due soon) and if she should come. How’s this?

Hi Jennie,
Thank you so much for all your help over the past few weeks. For now I don't require your services but I will let you know if I do soon. Thank you...

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:33 am
If she is otherwise ok, I would just do the dishes myself and let her do everything else.

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:38 am
essie14 wrote:
If she is otherwise ok, I would just do the dishes myself and let her do everything else.

I agree with poster as it completely depends on what the pool of cleaning ladies are and what your other issues are.

Every cleaning lady will have some type of issues so you need to decide which is impossible to live with.

In terms of household chores, washing dishes isn't a big one for me. Many people actually prefer to put dishes in dishwasher because they would rather have the cleaning lady concentrate on weekly chores rather than this kind of chore which is done daily if not more often. Of course some people deliberately plan to have lots of dishes/pans to wash.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:44 am
Nowadays its super easy in covid times

like someone may be feeling under the weather

agree just say situation has changed and you don't need her to come thanks so much etc the sooner the better so she can fill the spot

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:48 am
We don’t have a dishwasher so catching up on the end of week/pre-Shabbos was one of the main things I need done. (And she wasn’t doing a great job of the other things either.)

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We don’t have a dishwasher so catching up on the end of week/pre-Shabbos was one of the main things I need done. (And she wasn’t doing a great job of the other things either.)

Then that is a major issue for you so just tell her that you don't need her services at the moment.

However, if you have a huge amount of mixed dishes it might be beyond the ability of many cleaning ladies to sort through properly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics