Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
When did you have your baby share a room with sibling?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:24 am
I have a 5 month old baby who will need to share a room with her sister who is 3 because we do not have any more bedrooms. until now she has been sleeping in cradle in our room. My 3 year old is a very light sleeper and also still gives us a difficulty time about going to bed. Any advice on best time/age to have my baby start sharing a room with her sister?

asmileaday

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:52 pm
Can you put the baby in a room with an older kid or is your 3 year old your oldest?
When my kids were that age and we lived in a 1 bedroom, I had the older one sleep in the dining room and created a mini room within my room (out of thin walls not sheetrock) for my infant to sleep in.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:56 pm
Put a noise machine by 3 year olds head

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:57 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Can you put the baby in a room with an older kid or is your 3 year old your oldest?
When my kids were that age and we lived in a 1 bedroom, I had the older one sleep in the dining room and created a mini room within my room (out of thin walls not sheetrock) for my infant to sleep in.

What kind of thin walls? You did this yourself?

asmileaday

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 1:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What kind of thin walls? You did this yourself?

Yes my husband did it himself but he's handy. I'm not sure what the material is called, I can ask him. It didn't block out noise or anything, it was mainly that my baby shouldn't see us.
I know some people use room dividers instead.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 2:36 pm
To answer your question I do this immediately Home from the hospital. My 5 year old is Currently shares a room with my 5 week old Bh

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 2:38 pm
My 1 and 2 years old share a room. It's adorable

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
My 1 and 2 years old share a room. It's adorable

Do they wake each other up in the morning or going to sleep is harder?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:44 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Do they wake each other up in the morning or going to sleep is harder?

No, they both go to sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time. If one wakes the other it's not a big deal since it's in the same range of 15 mins away. My 2 year old will sing his baby sister to sleep if she cries and they jabber away in the mornings. My husband and I will stay in bed listening to them talk on the monitor on mornings when we aren't rushing because it's just too cute. If they keep each other up (usually it's if the one year old is crying) it's rare and never longer than 20 mins or so.
The first week or two was hard because of some night waking and a couple accidental early mornings but now it's precious, I love it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics