Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
ISO salted butter CY only, BP/ Flatbush

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 9:12 am
Any brands available
I use to buy Tnuva the brown package but that hasn’t been available in OVER 2 yrs

Please only answer if you’ve seen it recently

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:12 pm
I buy from Moisha's. I'm not sure what the brand is offhand. It says a touch of salt or something like that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I buy from Moisha's. I'm not sure what the brand is offhand. It says a touch of salt or something like that.

If you know the brand please post

Motherhood

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 2:24 pm
Gevina butter... with a sprinkle of salt

avrahamama

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 2:36 pm
Tnuva doesn't make the sweet butter either. I miss it so much. It's just not the same since it was bought by a Chinese corp.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 2:39 pm
Gevina has a tub, but I assume you mean butter sticks.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 4:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Gevina has a tub, but I assume you mean butter sticks.

That's what I was talking about.

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:09 pm
What are you using it for?

If for baking or cooking, non-salted butter is actually better and most recipes assume you are using unsalted in the ingredients.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:10 pm
Amarante wrote:
What are you using it for?

If for baking or cooking, non-salted butter is actually better and most recipes assume you are using unsalted in the ingredients.

Yes. If it's not for baking and cooking, you don't need the sticks and the Gevina should be good.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:15 pm
I'm in Israel, and while we have several brands of CY butter, NONE of them are salted. It's just not a thing here. Sometimes we go for months with no butter at all, and sometimes it's in but the stores ration it to one stick per family until supplies are back up to normal. When it's in stock, I buy as much as I can, and freeze it in two layers of zip lock bags.

When I need to use the butter, I let it get to room temp, and then add some salt to it (and if I want, extra garlic powder). Then I mark the container it's in and refrigerate it. It actually tastes exactly like "normal butter.) Having garlic butter on hand for cooking or making garlic bread is pretty convenient, too.

For pastry making, always buy unsalted butter, and then add the amount of salt in the recipe (if any is indicated. Some recipes don't call for salt at all.) That way you can be sure to get the exact right ratio of saltiness.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:23 pm
When we have a butter shortage a make my own.

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:26 pm
Iymnok wrote:
When we have a butter shortage a make my own.

I still remember watching the teacher make butter in one of my elementary school classes. It would probably be a fun activity for kids at home as well.

My mother was a science teacher for an elementary school in Brooklyn and some of her demonstrations for the earliest grades were things like blowing bubbles which she used to demonstrate actual science theory - but in a form that was memorable to these very young children.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:41 pm
Finally found
Yummy brand
Thanks
It’s for blended coffee
I like the salty taste
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen