Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Any place in NJ for professionals ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:19 am
Is there any place in NJ where you have a black hat type community but at the same time encourages and is machshiv for boys to go to become professionals ( not “ entrepreneurs” or real estate brokers) and learning in bais medrash is max 1 yr post high school than off to college u go is the norm. Not looking for a yu type either. Basically like Flatbush minus the many years in learning minus the “glitz” and the gold plating of everything.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:25 am
Maybe Passaic or Highland Park? My son is in a yeshiva like that and has boys in his class from those areas.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:30 am
Was going to say highland park/ Edison. (The north side)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:34 am
Thanks guys for the responses. My first thought was Edison/ highland park as well. I grew up in Flatbush guess I’ll have to get past the vinyl siding it’s very unappealing to me.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:39 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Maybe Passaic or Highland Park? My son is in a yeshiva like that and has boys in his class from those areas.

I have an 8th grader and I'm looking for a high school like that! Can I ask which yeshiva you're referring to?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I have an 8th grader and I'm looking for a high school like that! Can I ask which yeshiva you're referring to?

Ohavei Torah in Riverdale.

lopman29

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

I don’t know which yeshiva she is referring to but I came across a mesivta in Teaneck heichal ha Torah from the website it looks like it.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 9:08 am
lopman29 wrote:
I don’t know which yeshiva she is referring to but I came across a mesivta in Teaneck heichal ha Torah from the website it looks like it.

Bergenfield. There is not a big difference in practice between modern yeshivish and RWMO.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks guys for the responses. My first thought was Edison/ highland park as well. I grew up in Flatbush guess I’ll have to get past the vinyl siding it’s very unappealing to me.

Vinyl siding? Every house is different, but I guess houses that have been redone in the last 20 or so years have that because it's practical and has been the economical choice. Iirc there are plenty of charming older houses in Highland Park if that appeals to you. Can't make your neighbors promise not to redo their exteriors though...

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:10 pm
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll look into those.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:41 pm
Rabbi Sacks at Landers Queens - major talmid chochom and many would be serious about a profession without compromise on Torah - sounds amazing? it is!

2. Passaic

simcha2

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The north side is full of older house..without vinyl siding! Lots of trees, very pretty.

At one point we looked to move there.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Rabbi Sacks at Landers Queens - major talmid chochom and many would be serious about a profession without compromise on Torah - sounds amazing? it is!

2. Passaic

You can get both! Rav Sacks has a shul in Passaic actually.

Either Passaic or highland Park/Edison. They're pretty different but I can't tell which one is for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating