Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Dershowitz speaks the truth on The virus and our community!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:18 pm
https://vosizneias.com/2020/10.....life/

A must read. He’s on the money.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:20 pm
I don't take my cues from non religious Jews.

Do you consider him a mentor? do you take his guidance on many issues?

He is also pro Trump. Does that resonate for you? what does he know of our communities? because he is jewish and grew up in the 60's in NY?

Not looking to get into any politics, just examples of cherry picking.

FYI cherries are not in season right now.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:21 pm
Thank you for posting.

Good article.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:23 pm
Before I opened this, I thought there were all sorts of possibilities, not the least of which is, stopped clocks being right twice a day.
But there is no way to take him seriously on this particular theme. Kind of like Dennis Prager talking about religion.

ETA: I read the whole thing. I'm not going to walk back what I wrote. While his points are true, I would hope that other messengers would be more likely to sway people.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:26 pm
I am pleasantly surprised.

I don't know if this counts as cherry picking, or as an example of someone refusing to politicize something that should never have been political, which essentially means he is rising above his own political leanings.

Thanks for sharing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

He is also pro Trump. Does that resonate for you? what does he know of our communities? because he is jewish and grew up in the 60's in NY?

His not being frum has nothing to do with the fact that he expressed my exact views on all of it. Frum jews need to mask and SDand stop crying anti semitism when they’re guilty of bringing the closures and the chillul H-Shem on themselves.

pause

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:23 pm
Lately I have been less than impressed by him, so I don't consider his opinion to matter more than anyone else's.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:34 pm
Very well said. Can't understand why it is so difficult to fathom in our bp community. I live here too, my kids need school too, but we've always put life first. Why the change now?!?

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 2:27 pm
pause wrote:
Lately I have been less than impressed by him, so I don't consider his opinion to matter more than anyone else's.

But it happens to be true too...

Even when told by a liar, the truth stays the truth...

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 4:27 pm
I love when a non frum person cherry picks some historical figure. R Akiva Eiger would be on the side of the frum community. .

Jews spreading disease is an old trope. Someone tells you Jews smell, you don't start running deodorant campaigns.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I love when a non frum person cherry picks some historical figure. R Akiva Eiger would be on the side of the frum community.

Have any contemporary rabbis explained why they believe R Akiva Eiger's precedent is not relevant today?

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 5:25 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I love when a non frum person cherry picks some historical figure. R Akiva Eiger would be on the side of the frum community. .

Jews spreading disease is an old trope. Someone tells you Jews smell, you don't start running deodorant campaigns.

But when Jews themselves talk about not wearing masks or social or social distancing I believe them. Alan Dershowitz is right on the money.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 6:45 pm
I resent when a non frum Jew claims to know whats going on in the orthodox NY community because he grew up in NY.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 6:48 pm
I resent when a non frum Jew claims to know whats going on in the orthodox NY community because he grew up in NY.

His mother stayed living in Boro park. Clearly you hate him so you just won’t accept ay truth that comes out of his mouth.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 4:23 am
imasoftov wrote:
Have any contemporary rabbis explained why they believe R Akiva Eiger's precedent is not relevant today?

Well here's one who thinks it is. Saving life takes precedence by R Menachem Genack

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 4:59 am

you don't need to take cues from him, but tell us why you disagree with what he said. He's speaking what's on many people's minds, religious and non religious. If you disagree, you should have an answer for them.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 5:19 am
imasoftov wrote:
Well here's one who thinks it is. Saving life takes precedence by R Menachem Genack

Imasoftov, thank you for sharing this important article.

Please post the article by Rabbi Genack as a new thread. If possible, post it as text and not a link. Many Imamothers really need to read and reread it but they may not open it under a Dershowitz thread. [Unnecessary comment removed - mod]

pause

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 5:40 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Imasoftov, thank you for sharing this important article.

Please post the article by Rabbi Genack as a new thread. If possible, post it as text and not a link. Many Imamothers really need to read and reread it but they may not open it under a Dershowitz thread. You can name the new thread "50% off coupon for all currently open red zone clothing stores" that'll be sure to get the demographic that needs to read it.

What a disgusting anti-semitic post with the typical anti-semitic tropes. I'm semi hoping that you are a troll because it boggles my mind that a frum yid would say this.

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror to see how much hate you have in your heart for certain "demographics" before you decide how best to approach them with your well-meaning concern for their health.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 7:25 am
pause wrote:
What a disgusting anti-semitic post with the typical anti-semitic tropes. I'm semi hoping that you are a troll because it boggles my mind that a frum yid would say this.

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror to see how much hate you have in your heart for certain "demographics" before you decide how best to approach them with your well-meaning concern for their health.

I didn't see any hate in her post. In fact it may even be coming from a very caring place. I don't know, but I wouldn't just assume she hates people.

Amother blue, why don't you go ahead and start a new post. It's sure to start a lively discussion. Go for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics