Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/O From what age would you leave child alone in bathtub?
Previous  1  2

From what age would you leave a child alone in bathtub?
2-3  
 3%  [ 5 ]
3-4  
 12%  [ 18 ]
4-5  
 24%  [ 36 ]
5-6  
 26%  [ 39 ]
6-7  
 21%  [ 31 ]
8+  
 11%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 145

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 9:38 pm
Depends on the kid. My almost-3yo daughter can sit alone in a shallow bathtub for a minute or two while I run to grab shampoo or my phone. My almost 3-yo son cannot. My 5yo couldn't, even for a minute, until closer to 4. Now that he's 5 he can be alone in the tub for longer but we keep the door open, stay nearby, and still check frequently.

ETA My daughter sings and talks to herself while she plays in the tub, so I can keep an ear out and know she's fine while I'm out of the room for a couple minutes.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:01 pm
4-5 depending on the child.

Around the age of 3 if I forgot something I would tell the child to sing and then run grab it and run back. Lol. As long as they sing I know they are ok.

Also, my baths ate pretty deep but I fill them woth very little water until they are old enough and can swim.
My 7 yolikes thr bath full so it comes to her shoulders. She can swim.
My 5 yo always wants the tub filled with more water like her sister.... But she knows she has to be older, know how to swim and hold her breath under water....

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:04 pm
I usually have my 7 yr old and 2 yr old girls in the bath together and check on them.
My 5 yr old bathes by himself

Britmummy

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 6:27 am
Pop out for a second to grab a towel or actually leave them for 10 minutes splashing and playing?

I did the former from about age 5. From around 7 I would wash their hair, watch them wash their bodies (and correct if they missed bits) and then leave them to play for a while with the door open while I was in the next room.
I stopped supervising completely by around age 10, although they still need reminding at times to shower regularly (teens) 🤣

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 9:34 am
Can you clarify? Do you mean that I put soap on and wash off the child, but I'm comfortable leaving them alone in the tub for a few minutes, or they shower entirely by themselves, shampoo, wash off, get dressed?

Shower entirely by themselves is Kita Aleph (age 6/7), but me being in the bathroom folding laundry, putting on makeup, etc, and not staring at the kid the whole time by age 1 - 1.5

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 10:20 am
I can leave my 4.5 ds alone for a few.minutes but I am never far. I wash him as he can't wash hims lf but I allow him to play sometimes in the bath without me sitting there.
Dd 7 takes a bath on her own but I sometimes wash her. No locked door
Ds 9 takes by himself mostly but sometimes asks for help. No locked door.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics