Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Rebetzin Zelda Zlata's toddler spin off

top mom

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:28 am
I'm left Scratching Head Scratching Head my (tichelled, shpitzeled, of course) head.
I hope those threads were all sarcastic!
Kids today... Gotta teach them young, I guess..if you have 8 kids younger than you at the ancient age of 5!
This is what the average Zvilowitzensteinberg toddler is perfectly capable of:
(And yes, I know that my kids are brighter, stronger, and overall more talented than the rest of your offspring, but still!)
3 yr old Zevy and Zalmy bathed themselves and the newborn twins last night, but! I did have 5yr old Zerach supervising, before you all start the tomato party!
Who do you think peeled all my pesach potatoes? That was 4 yr old Zaftig of course!
My 18 month old triplets are just about learning how to do the laundry (I almost forgot about the softner tasting episode, but it only happened once, or was it twice?)
And! Guess who's in charge making the potato kugel at the Zvilowitzensteinbergs?
I have a rotation of all my toddlers for that!
And 6 yr old Zimmy's in charge of training them in.
The shopping gets done by Ziska, who's been doing it for aaaaages, I mean she's 7, my little Kallah 🤭 meidel!
And the cooking is all on the cutest triplets, already 3 and a half!
Except for last night, when they served cheerios and ketchup, oh! And the kishka and donut incident! And- did I ever share the gefilte fish, chocolate syrup, holopshes and duck sauce episode? LOL
What are your little zeeskeits capable of?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:34 am
BH we’re still training my 15 year old to put his clothes in the hamper.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:38 am
Lol I also started such a thread, but not half as funny!

I believe in bringing up independent kids. This is what I let my 3 year old do:

-Use my chef's knife to cut up fruit for school snack
-Walk to school alone, including crossing the road and climbing 2 hills
-Babysit the baby while I go to the spa for a massage and get my nails done
-Go to the grocery to buy milk, eggs and bread where needed
-Do odd jobs for the neighbors for pocket money
-Cry through the night from the day of birth. They gotta learn to get food themselves
-Cut own hair and nails, and take a bath / shower alone, brush own teeth
-Sort, wash and fold own laundry
-Make own hot chocolate and take drinks alone (surprisingly does choose coffee and alcohol many times)

sky

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:49 am
(This is great - but 4 yr olds really can peel potatoes. During corona vacation my 4yr old dd was climbing the walls one day before pesach I gave her gloves (to protect her fingers) and a peeler. I’m embarrassed to say how many lbs and lbs of apples and potatoes she peeled. She was so proud and when we thanked her at every meal she felt like a million dollars. )

crust

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:01 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

You mean to take it from the 10'×13' hamper (also called bedroom floor by some controlling parents) and put it into that little thing in the washroom?

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:22 am
top mom wrote:
I'm left Scratching Head Scratching Head my (tichelled, shpitzeled, of course) head.
I hope those threads were all sarcastic!
Kids today... Gotta teach them young, I guess..if you have 8 kids younger than you at the ancient age of 5!
This is what the average Zvilowitzensteinberg toddler is perfectly capable of:
(And yes, I know that my kids are brighter, stronger, and overall more talented than the rest of your offspring, but still!)
3 yr old Zevy and Zalmy bathed themselves and the newborn twins last night, but! I did have 5yr old Zerach supervising, before you all start the tomato party!
Who do you think peeled all my pesach potatoes? That was 4 yr old Zaftig of course!
My 18 month old triplets are just about learning how to do the laundry (I almost forgot about the softner tasting episode, but it only happened once, or was it twice?)
And! Guess who's in charge making the potato kugel at the Zvilowitzensteinbergs?
I have a rotation of all my toddlers for that!
And 6 yr old Zimmy's in charge of training them in.
The shopping gets done by Ziska, who's been doing it for aaaaages, I mean she's 7, my little Kallah 🤭 meidel!
And the cooking is all on the cutest triplets, already 3 and a half!
Except for last night, when they served cheerios and ketchup, oh! And the kishka and donut incident! And- did I ever share the gefilte fish, chocolate syrup, holopshes and duck sauce episode? LOL
What are your little zeeskeits capable of?

We've missed reb Zanvil and his heilige rebbitzen. So good to see you top mom. For those new to the site, please do look up previous threads relating to the heilige ZZZ family to understand the chashivos of this family. It's noticed particularly around pesach time.
I hope it's not insensitive to ask, but I noticed you didn't mention how the quintuplets are doing? I don't want to ask too personally incase they haven't been born yet. I seem to remember when we last heard from the ZZZ family, you were expecting the happy addition to the family.
Also most of us mere mortals cannot aspire to such a family. It may even create an ayin hora to talk about it. The ZZZs are truly unique in their holiness.

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 11:58 am
Oh, dear Rebbetzin! I KNEW you were amazing! How do your kids know how to do all this... I only have my kids make the lukshen kugel, I never believed they could actually do a whole potato kugel! Thank you for telling me this, and just in time for erev shabbos!
I'll update later how it came out.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:04 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Thank you thank you thank you.

You just put my faith back in humanity.
In this crazy world, I’m glad there’s some semblance of normalcy.

And thanks for the laugh.

top mom

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 12:24 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Oh, dear Rebbetzin! I KNEW you were amazing! How do your kids know how to do all this... I only have my kids make the lukshen kugel, I never believed they could actually do a whole potato kugel! Thank you for telling me this, and just in time for erev shabbos!
I'll update later how it came out.

Just a few suggestions:
Make sure to have lots of Band-Aids handy, and have hatzolah's number on speed dial.
Try removing any skin pieces before putting in the oven, trust me on this one!

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:09 am
crust wrote:
You mean to take it from the 10'×13' hamper (also called bedroom floor by some controlling parents) and put it into that little thing in the washroom?

I like your perspective. I suppose I should stop being so controlling and let him leave the wet towels on 10x13 towel rack? The carpet should help soak up the water and then it will dry faster.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 1:16 am
Where was Zevulun?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics