Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Manchester, New Jersey
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:24 pm
Hi I heard some frum people moved from Lakewood to Manchester, NJ. Does anyone know-
Approx how many frum families already live there?
What type of crowd they are?
Any minyanim?
What neighborhood do the frum people live in?
Any info would be great. Tia!

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 1:09 am
also looking for info! wondering what the crowd is like... would like to buy there too if the crowd is right... looking for a yeshivish minded crowd... my husband is in bmg for about 8 years and we are yeshivish minded, hitting 30

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 2:40 am
There are about 30 houses under contract besides for the few people who are already there. Ask any real estate agent where the Jews are buying. One thing to consider is that most homes in the area have septic tanks and are not connected to city sewer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 6:50 am
Thanks
Does anyone here know what area/ streets the frum people are buying?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 12:48 pm
Anyone?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 12:53 pm
I only heard a few details. Young crowd, no minyan. They walk to another neighborhood and it's a real walk.
Your best bet is a real estate agent.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 12:59 pm
We're also interested in moving there! Husband in bmg for 10+ yrs. We're hitting 40 range. Wondering if it's a "yeshiva minded" crowd that bought there. Which part of Manchester?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:19 pm
Okay so I still don’t know what the crowd is like but I heard that some people bought on oak lane and woodland road. If anyone has more info that would be great.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:59 pm
anyone know any updates about this at this point in time? we are yeshivish, 30s, and I wish we could form a group of like-minded people to buy where the prices are still cheap...

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:27 am
I know a young couple moving there, I think there are about 10 families so far

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:55 pm
Bump, where are people moving in Manchester and what kinda crowd is there ?

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:59 pm
Holly oaks and pine lake park. Pine lake park is a very nice mix newlyweds through people with older kids and yeshivish to middle road frum. The crowd in holly oaks in mostly young.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:02 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
Holly oaks and pine lake park. Pine lake park is a very nice mix newlyweds through people with older kids and yeshivish to middle road frum. The crowd in holly oaks in mostly young.

I heard the same and was also told that by the end of the summer there should be about 200 families in manchester

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:03 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I heard the same and was also told that by the end of the summer there should be about 200 families in manchester

Yup I live here, that is correct. There are almost 200 under contract and close to 100 already living here in pine lake park.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:04 pm
I have relatives there, late 20's, yeshivish, very fine people, I'm sure it's going to grow as Lakewood explodes

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:46 pm
I don't know much about Holly oaks but I live in pine lake park. It's a big mix of ages and types. It's a huge neighborhood with at least two "shuls" for shabbos. It's quiet and peaceful but there are no sidewalks. There's a lot of achdus in the community and we are very happy here.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
I don't know much about Holly oaks but I live in pine lake park. It's a big mix of ages and types. It's a huge neighborhood with at least two "shuls" for shabbos. It's quiet and peaceful but there are no sidewalks. There's a lot of achdus in the community and we are very happy here.

We are looking into plp. I thought there was only one shul- by 7th. Where is the other shul you know of?

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are looking into plp. I thought there was only one shul- by 7th. Where is the other shul you know of?

There is one main the other one is unofficial it's on the other side all the way down

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's just a shabbos minyan in someone's basement near the plp playground. It's a bit less yeshivish crowd that davens there. They've been doing maariv there since the winter and now they do the whole shabbos since shabbos hagadol.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:12 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
It's just a shabbos minyan in someone's basement near the plp playground. It's a bit less yeshivish crowd that davens there. They've been doing maariv there since the winter and now they do the whole shabbos since shabbos hagadol.

Solid chasidish people living there?might move there
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating