Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Signing consent forms for random Covid testing in schools
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:00 am
Is your school mandating this? I really don’t feel comfortable about it. My kid will be so anxious all day knowing that at any time they can get a Covid test.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:04 am
Does the school have to be the one administering the tests? Why can't you do the testing and bring in the results?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:08 am
My grandchildren who go to Brooklyn schools can go to the testing facility of their choice but the in school testing is more convenient.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:12 am
I needed to sign a consent form but the testing won't be by surprise. We will be notified the beginning of the week if our child is going to be tested that week and when.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:25 am
I signed the consent form but as above there are no surprise tests. Everything is scheduled by grade so parents and students know what to expect.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:29 am
I signed but the school should and can either give you a schedule or at least 24 hours notice.

One school is doing weekly testing and I'm very uncomfortable with that. The other school hasnt yet done any testing.

If you don't want to sign, you should be able to do it at a dr's office instead (both schools my kids go to allow this).

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:30 am
Lakewood school. They sent home a consent form but it was waaay to broad. Did not sign it.

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:08 am
Forget the forms? Why would your kids be anxious? You need to deal with that first. No reason to be anxious about a random test....

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:12 am
One of my kids school sent us a form, I did not fill it out yet. They said they will be selecting boys on Monday and sending out a list to the parents of those boys. The testing will be done on Thursdays, so if we want to do it on our own we should just go to another facility before Thursday and send in the results. My son asked me if I could be the one to take him to get tested when it says turn, so I will probably opt for that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Lakewood school. They sent home a consent form but it was waaay to broad. Did not sign it.

Are they mandating it? If you don’t sign then what will happen?

Moonlight

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:13 am
OY I would NOT be comfortable w this. My kids are not lab rats

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:14 am
would not do this and our schools are not doing this -- we have mass testings set up everyone's brought by parents

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I needed to sign a consent form but the testing won't be by surprise. We will be notified the beginning of the week if our child is going to be tested that week and when.

Your kid is cool with that? There are different Covid tests and some are more painful then others. So unfair to the kids to have to go through that randomly at school.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:17 am
Moonlight wrote:
OY I would NOT be comfortable w this. My kids are not lab rats

I agree with you very much!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:19 am
Right now, schools in bp are not officially open. Schools are preparing the parent body to get used to this.

However, once schools reopen, the doh requires random in school testing of a certain percentage every week. They need parents consent form on file so they can randomly do the testing from the kids. Since many parents are not comfortable signing the forms, it is limiting the selection for random testing. Thus. Most of the schools in bp are basically making it mandatory for parents to sign the consent forms if they want kids to attend school. They basically will not have a choice if they should be in compliance to keep schools open.

In a way, ironically, its easier for the schools when they're not open officially......

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:20 am
I wrote on the consent form "consent is for saliva test onlh"

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:20 am
Lakewood cheder bf form was for saliva test.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:22 am
Brooklyn school chasidish. So far they're not testing students bh.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:31 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Right now, schools in bp are not officially open. Schools are preparing the parent body to get used to this.

However, once schools reopen, the doh requires random in school testing of a certain percentage every week. They need parents consent form on file so they can randomly do the testing from the kids. Since many parents are not comfortable signing the forms, it is limiting the selection for random testing. Thus. Most of the schools in bp are basically making it mandatory for parents to sign the consent forms if they want kids to attend school. They basically will not have a choice if they should be in compliance to keep schools open.

In a way, ironically, its easier for the schools when they're not open officially......

But that is terrible for the kids, why should they be pawns and have to undergo testing at the governments whim. Covid testing is painful and causes anxiety in some kids. Twisted Evil

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:33 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Lakewood cheder bf form was for saliva test.

You are lucky they are doing a saliva test. The nasal swabs are painful especially the older nasal swab that goes all the way up the nose.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics