Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Signing consent forms for random Covid testing in schools
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:36 am
People this is insane!!!! Why is everyone going for this. I’m not an antivaxxer or a conspiracy theorist - but this is soo freaky - why are you submitting to this!!! Don’t do it. I get that you want your kids in school - but at what cost!!! This is insanity.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:37 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Lakewood school. They sent home a consent form but it was waaay to broad. Did not sign it.

I did not sign it either. That was a pretty horrific consent form. I've had opportunity to sign many consent forms for medical reasons and never saw one like that. It basically says you're giving over medical rights to them. It's consenting to testing, treatments, and procedures. And then says we're not responsible for any outcomes. I hope no one signed it. It scared me.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But that is terrible for the kids, why should they be pawns and have to undergo testing at the governments whim. Covid testing is painful and causes anxiety in some kids. Twisted Evil

Because random testing provides information as to whether or not covid is present and spreading in the schools, protecting your children, their teachers and your families.

You seem to think that a moment of discomfort for your child is more important than the health of others. Its not, and that's not the Torah way.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:39 am
Once schools reopen in the red zones, you may not have much choice if you want your kids to attend school. The govt will. E very strict with this

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:40 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Because random testing provides information as to whether or not covid is present and spreading in the schools, protecting your children, their teachers and your families.

You seem to think that a moment of discomfort for your child is more important than the health of others. Its not, and that's not the Torah way.

Na... this is about government appeasement.
Nothing to do with health. The schools aren’t initiating this on their own.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:41 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Once schools reopen in the red zones, you may not have much choice if you want your kids to attend school. The govt will. E very strict with this

But it’s terrible for the kids. And I always listen to all requirements of the school and am a pro vaxxer.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:42 am
I live in NJ the moment this comes over here I’m pulling my kids out if school - and believe me life was not easy with everyone home.... NYers are doing crazy things just to appease your gov officials that just want control.

Step back and THINK.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:43 am
We were supposed to sign for random testing, we would not be notified. I didn't sign, so far they haven't said anything.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:47 am
nchr wrote:
Forget the forms? Why would your kids be anxious? You need to deal with that first. No reason to be anxious about a random test....

Different people have sensitivities to different things. I have a child that never tolerated a flu test. She has to be held down and screams. I would never allow anyone in school to test her without me there, it's just not fair to her. Not sure why you think no kids have anxiety about things being stuck in their orifices.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:55 am
My son's school had an option that you only give permission if you are there. And they will give you an appointment to come.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Your kid is cool with that? There are different Covid tests and some are more painful then others. So unfair to the kids to have to go through that randomly at school.

My kid is 5 so he has no idea. He hasn't been chosen for testing yet but in general I try not to make them anxious about medical procedures and find they do pretty well if I keep a calm attitude about it.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I live in NJ the moment this comes over here I’m pulling my kids out if school - and believe me life was not easy with everyone home.... NYers are doing crazy things just to appease your gov officials that just want control.”
Step back and THfINK.

I told my kids the same thing. One school sent our forms, but not mandating signing. If it comes to that I’m starting to homeschool. For all those that did sign, you know this is a preparation for mandatory vaccines. Where will you draw the line. I wish our community would take a stand NOW.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

This is correct. This is the protocol the reopened public schools in NYC are following, both students and teachers. I think it is 20% of the school population each week or maybe every 2 weeks. If not enough parents agree to this and they can't fulfill the testing, likely they can't stay open as things stand currently.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:18 am
I work in a yellow zone school, so we're required to have this. We're going by grade, and in this week's grade many parents refused to sign since the kids didn't want to do it. Last I heard we actually didn't have enough tests to be allowed to open Monday. They were pulling teachers out of classes and leaving kids unsupervised to hit the numbers.
Just to see the other side of the story...

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:22 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I did not sign it either. That was a pretty horrific consent form. I've had opportunity to sign many consent forms for medical reasons and never saw one like that. It basically says you're giving over medical rights to them. It's consenting to testing, treatments, and procedures. And then says we're not responsible for any outcomes. I hope no one signed it. It scared me.

And what if that procedure is removal of child from home to a quarantine center.

I don’t like this at all

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:24 am
Yet so many had no problem signing over medical release forms so their child could attend camp this past summer....pooh poohing any concerns.....interesting.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:27 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Different people have sensitivities to different things. I have a child that never tolerated a flu test. She has to be held down and screams. I would never allow anyone in school to test her without me there, it's just not fair to her. Not sure why you think no kids have anxiety about things being stuck in their orifices.

Oy- by the way, you can totally skip flu tests. They're unnecessary. If it's flu season, and your child has symptoms of the flu, just assume flu and treat accordingly. If you want to rule out bacterial infection, you can check ears, swab for strep, and run a urine culture. I'm not a big fan of flu tests.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:29 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Lakewood cheder bf form was for saliva test.
I signed the forms but the teachers never collected them. So weird.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:38 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
For all those that did sign, you know this is a preparation for mandatory vaccines. Where will you draw the line.
No it’s not. Would the fearmongering stop already.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:47 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
And what if that procedure is removal of child from home to a quarantine center.

I don’t like this at all

They're actually looking for kids with antibodies. They're then killing them and grinding up their bones to make a covid treatment.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics