Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What's it Like Going to a Wedding Now in Your Community
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:41 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
If you chose not to go and stay home how can you be infected by anybody who chose to go?
If your scared of exposure you shouldn’t be going anywhere! Don’t go to work, the grocery or anywhere and make sure the rest of your family does the same. If that’s how you want to live your life you can. But don’t stop others from living theirs.

So selfish. Everyone else should lock up so you can party.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:48 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Are you really not aware of the uptick in your community?

I challenge you to back up your statement with hospitalization numbers please.
You won’t find any.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:49 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Can 24 year old daughter miss her brother’s wedding?

Is she chained to her mother? Or is she from a culture where they don't just kidnap brides, they kidnap entire families?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:55 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I agree. I stayed for pictures, outdoor chuppah, and I danced with the kallah for 30 second. The rest of the wedding I was hiding in the groom’s suite. My mother was livid.
But guess what?? I was one of the lucky guests who walked away unscathed and Covid free 😎

I did the same. Though the outdoor chuppah was in a tiny space to avoid evil inspectors, so I watched it from indoors.

BH my parents were not upset, but it was a painful experience to feel like no one cares.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:57 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Yes this is exactly the attitude we need!
The lack of achdus right now is sad and scary.

It scares me, too.

Because if everyone gave up their own convenience, everyone would be safer to go about the important business of yiddishkeit and parnassah and school.

But because so many people insist on partying and vacationing and other frivolous activities that are not essential for yiddishkeit, parnassah, or education, the rest of us have to suffer.

Achdus would indeed be really nice.

thanks

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I challenge you to back up your statement with hospitalization numbers please.
You won’t find any.

You won't find nearly as many as we had in Feb-March, and I hope never to live through something like that again. There still are people at home that are very sick, people in the hospital, and people dying from covid. I don't want to be the one to cause even one person to suffer if I could help it.

Some of you might think this is so farfetched, but looking at the data and at how fast this virus spreads, the reality is that any gathering will easily result in additional positive cases, some of which may be serious.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Are you really not aware of the uptick in your community?

Theres no uptick because only sick people are testing and theres not a lot of sick people so any positive there is, brings the percentages up a lot.
In manhattan theres a lot more positives but theres also more negatives because you have people testing daily

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Theres no uptick because only sick people are testing and theres not a lot of sick people so any positive there is, brings the percentages up a lot.
In manhattan theres a lot more positives but theres also more negatives because you have people testing daily

I live in a red zone, and so many people in my neighborhood were sick around rosh hashanna time. One person in his 50's has not fully recovered yet after needing oxygen. I doubt my neighborhood is the only one.

I agree that it's really hard to believe the statistics for many reasons. But if we just open our eyes, we can see it is really happening in our community.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live in a red zone, and so many people in my neighborhood were sick around rosh hashanna time. One person in his 50's has not fully recovered yet after needing oxygen. I doubt my neighborhood is the only one.

I agree that it's really hard to believe the statistics for many reasons. But if we just open our eyes, we can see it is really happening in our community.

I know people who were sick as well but just because I know a few people sick doesnt mean its an uptick

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:18 am
imasoftov wrote:
Is she chained to her mother? Or is she from a culture where they don't just kidnap brides, they kidnap entire families?

Huh?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I know people who were sick as well but just because I know a few people sick doesnt mean its an uptick

In my area, it was very quiet in the summer, and now there are a lot of cases. Is that the same for you? Because I think that would define an uptick. I hope it is getting quiet again now and stays quiet. That could change if we start seeing more reinfections.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:49 am
Mothers wrote:
What if someone who “chose not to go” gets infected by someone who “chose to go?” Unfortunately, because this is an infectious disease, what an individual does can affect others, and therefore may become their business (whether they wanted it to be - or not). Saying שלי שלי, ושלך שלך (I.e. I’ll do mine you, do yours . . .) can be מידת סדום . . .

THIS. My entire family wears a mask 100% of the time when out of the house. We do NOT go to indoor simchas or friends homes but we still have to go to school, work, shul, and the supermarket. People like "Imamother hotpink" and "kiwi strawberry" are going to infect or kill people like us.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:20 pm
In the future when they teach about this in history, a kid will raise his/her hand and ask if there anything they could've done? The teacher's going to answer that there would have been a lot less deaths if they wore masks and stopped partying for a few more months. Especially people who live in close nit communities. The whole thing would've been over much faster if they just stayed put.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:40 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
THIS. My entire family wears a mask 100% of the time when out of the house. We do NOT go to indoor simchas or friends homes but we still have to go to school, work, shul, and the supermarket. People like "Imamother hotpink" and "kiwi strawberry" are going to infect or kill people like us.

How can they kill you if you are protected by your mask??!!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:43 pm
No fortune telling here only honesty; we still have NO IDEA what the future will show us as to the most effective way to handle this pandemic.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:14 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
How can they kill you if you are protected by your mask??!!

Amother hotpink clearly you don't understand basic science or epidemiology. Even if I wear a mask 100% of the time it will only reduce, but not eliminate, my chance of getting Covid.

Look at link below to learn about how you can save people's lives.

https://intermountainhealthcar.....la=en

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

And the earth is flat.....

Yes, there's been a recent uptick, and now a slight down-tick, B"H. That is a fact. Can we stop lying to ourselves? Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics