Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do people really buy these?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:20 pm
Let me preface. I live in Brooklyn. My girls go to mainstream bais yaakov. We are not yeshivish.
My slighter whos 10 keeps bothering me about aviator nation sweatshirts and sweatpants. Are people really buying this for they’re young girls? A sweatshirt alone costs close to 200 dollars! People are really spending this on a sweatshirt? I used to think juicy was expensive at less then 100! What’s going on?

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:27 pm
People who lack confidence in their own taste, values and worth think that they can prove that they have taste, values and worth by acquiring expensive goods. They don't realize that it proves only that they know how to spend money, sometimes money they owe to other people.

yksraya

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:29 pm
Unfortunately it's become a trend for pre-teens and teens to wear expensive brands sweatshirts.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 3:31 pm
Designer coats aren’t looking so bad anymore..

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:06 pm
I'm learning so much here on imamother today.

$500 down jackets that look just like every other down jacket I've ever seen, $200 sweatshirts that look like something from a 1970s flea market.

Those marketing departments are really doing a good job branding their ordinary merchandise as a luxury item and getting people to pay big bucks for it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:15 pm
That's not so bad if you compare it to Escada sweaters for high-school girls.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:19 pm
Do people really buy these? Who knows.

Where is your daughter picking this up from? Seeing these sweatsuit sets at sleepovers?

hodeez

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:29 pm
Hashem help me I have 2 girls... I thought my biggest expense would be tuition!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:57 pm
DrMom wrote:

$500 down jackets that look just like every other down jacket I've ever seen, $200 sweatshirts that look like something from a 1970s flea market.

Those marketing departments are really doing a good job branding their ordinary merchandise as a luxury item and getting people to pay big bucks for it.

Same here! I have no clue what people are talking about. To complete my education, can people provide links? Would love to see what is so special about these things.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:01 pm
DrMom wrote:

$500 jacket?! Where did you get that number?!
The ones mentioned don’t start under $1000.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics