Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Signing consent forms for random Covid testing in schools
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:36 pm
slippery slope

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I did not sign it either. That was a pretty horrific consent form. I've had opportunity to sign many consent forms for medical reasons and never saw one like that. It basically says you're giving over medical rights to them. It's consenting to testing, treatments, and procedures. And then says we're not responsible for any outcomes. I hope no one signed it. It scared me.

Which school?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:48 pm
Schools are basically offering a service by bringing someone down. Every parent has a choice to go to a Local urgent care or medical Center to have the kid tested.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:49 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
slippery slope

THIS

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:25 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
slippery slope

Yes.

The pain of the testing isn't the only thing that's bothering me about this. (For my it's hypothetical as my kids school didn't send home any forms.)
It's complete overreach. And desensitizes people to government control.
As you see people are already saying, I don't like it but I'll just do it so my kids can be in school.
Maybe they should start mandating tests every time you leave your house. Or every time you go to church/shul. Or every time you spend time at the bar or movie theater. Why stop just at schools?

And like others mentioned this isn't a thought out scientifically based rule recommended by educated health practitioners. This was decided by some political leaders.
What is the science behind testing just a small amount of students every so often? It feels like a shot in the dark that won't really make anyone smarter.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:31 pm
I get that we're uncomfortable with this being mandated, but if the schools are told this is the only choice if they want to stay open, what would you like to see them do instead? I don't know of any school that's doing this by choice at this point, especially not for younger kids. Should we just give up and go on zoom? Take the schools underground again? The stupid test is a small price to pay for the ability to open in normal classrooms

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:37 pm
And not every kid has to be tested weekly. 20% of the school kids have to be tested every week. That means once in 5 weeks. And only once your school is out of the yellow zone

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:59 pm
My boys school is mandating it. We aren't even in a yellow zone. The DOH is recommending it so that maybe we can keep your school open! This is in an area with few cases! The DOH won't guarantee though that they will let the school stay open. I don't trust them.

Originally it was with a specific company at school but parents protested so now they'll tell you the day before and you can do it at your pediatrician. The waiver also says they are not liable and you are signing your rights to sue for any damages! That's illegal. A medical office must have malpractice insurance for a reason. They cannot make you sign away your rights.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:03 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I get that we're uncomfortable with this being mandated, but if the schools are told this is the only choice if they want to stay open, what would you like to see them do instead? I don't know of any school that's doing this by choice at this point, especially not for younger kids. Should we just give up and go on zoom? Take the schools underground again? The stupid test is a small price to pay for the ability to open in normal classrooms

I’ld like the schools to band together and sue. This is illegal. How far are you willing to go with government overreach before you put your foot down. This was originally supposed to be a two week lockdown. What we’ve learned is that power given is not easily taken back. We don’t live in the same USA that we lived in last February. Are you ok with that!

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:12 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I’ld like the schools to band together and sue. This is illegal. How far are you willing to go with government overreach before you put your foot down. This was originally supposed to be a two week lockdown. What we’ve learned is that power given is not easily taken back. We don’t live in the same USA that we lived in last February. Are you ok with that!

Exactly. This is inexcusable.
And by the way, you gotta be incredibly naive to think that "this way the schools will stay open". The political officials change their goalposts and deadlines on a whim, without any scientific reasoning.
What do you think is gonna happen if they decide the number of cases coming back positive is too much? They'll shut down again without blinking twice.
Nevermind that the testing labs aren't always acting 100% honestly. I heard this firsthand from someone that filled out paperwork to test but went home without testing and received a callback that she's positive.
I knew these kind of stories were circulating but I was skeptical. Then I heard it firsthand...

Laiya

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:15 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

Yeshivas won't sue, they're doing their best to stay under the radar, and I can't blame them. Would love for some parents to sue though...

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:59 pm
nchr wrote:
Forget the forms? Why would your kids be anxious? You need to deal with that first. No reason to be anxious about a random test....

Seriously? Have you ever had a Covid test done? Or even a barely painful blood test as a six year old child without your parents present?

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:03 pm
I’m response to the OP- I haven’t and will not sign any consent forms. If a Covid test is required I will take my child to the doctor and have the test done with myself present .

WhatFor

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:37 pm
I could understand a school's interest in random tests during a global pandemic to ensure the safety of all students. I don't understand the school's interest in treating a child, if that's really what they're demanding.

If someone tests positive, shouldn't their parents collect their child, quarantine them and/or go to their own doctor? Can someone post a copy of a letter circulating with that language? This sounds confusing.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:40 pm
When I was a kid some vaccinations were done at public school by school nurse. However, My mother always took us to our pediatrician for the vaccinations and we really appreciated it.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:41 pm
cnc wrote:
I’m response to the OP- I haven’t and will not sign any consent forms. If a Covid test is required I will take my child to the doctor and have the test done with myself present .

I heard of a school that took swabs of all kids today without parental consent.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:14 pm
For those who are allowing the testing, please don't rely on the results if you really need to know if your child is positive.

Their goal is to have as many negative tests as possible and I've heard from others that these types of tests are not being done properly.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I heard of a school that took swabs of all kids today without parental consent.

I literally would raise hell if that happened to my child Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 5:20 pm
I just received the forms today from our (girls) school. Can someone here tell me what happened when you refused to sign and send back the form? I'm just curious what to expect.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 5:25 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I just received the forms today from our (girls) school. Can someone here tell me what happened when you refused to sign and send back the form? I'm just curious what to expect.

Nothing. Never heard from them about it. Hope I never do.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics