Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What tights goes with a light pink winter dress?
Previous  1  2

BetsyTacy

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:35 pm
I thought that if it sold in a normal store, then it is in style.
In the pantyhose discussion: do the stores still sell the offwhite hose we wore in the 80's (I think it was the 80's).
Since the answer is no, then they are not in style.
Sheer black is sold, so it is in style somewhere, even if not in your social group.

Come to think of it, I am expecting a resurgence now of that offwhite color... it certainly has been out for long enough to make a comeback....along with shoulderpads....

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:49 pm
Lol, I've started wearing sheer black hosiery again because I think it just looks better with many fall/winter outfits than nude stockings do. I am finding them better stocked in the stores, so that's why I think they are going to make a comeback.
I am not brave enough to try the off-white color, though! But thinking back, it was sort of ugly and didn't really "go" with the outfits we wore them with.

BetsyTacy

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:51 pm
Funny, I remember liking that offwhite color--what was it called (having a senior moment) with light summer dresses. That was definitely in the 80s, when nude was only for "old ladies" in my area.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:53 pm
Ivory!
You are right, we thought nude was ugly and for older ladies. I think we referred to them as beige, though.

BetsyTacy

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:54 pm
Yes!!! Ivory!!!
Okay, op, so definitely don't wear ivory LOL LOL LOL

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:31 am
hodeez wrote:
Who decides what's in style?? Do you have meetings or something?

No... there’s a new handbook we get each season LOL

mochamix18

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:40 am
hodeez wrote:
Who decides what's in style?? Do you have meetings or something?

Years ago my brother made a joke about this at my mothers 50th birthday. He said he really appreciated that she buys clothes for him but every once in a while she brings home something he thinks is a little weird to which my mother would reply “it’s what they are showing”. He says he was curious about who this “they” is so he came up with a theory. “They” is a group of little old ladies who sit around eating brownies and deciding what he will wear next season. He continued that my mother would be next in line to join this group and eat brownies and decide what everyone is wearing next season 😂.

Last edited by mochamix18 on Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

mochamix18

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:42 am
BetsyTacy wrote:
I thought that if it sold in a normal store, then it is in style.
In the pantyhose discussion: do the stores still sell the offwhite hose we wore in the 80's (I think it was the 80's).
Since the answer is no, then they are not in style.
Sheer black is sold, so it is in style somewhere, even if not in your social group.

Come to think of it, I am expecting a resurgence now of that offwhite color... it certainly has been out for long enough to make a comeback....along with shoulderpads....

Oh gosh I remember the sheer off white color you are talking about. It was still very much “the thing” around my bas mitzvah in the mid 90s.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:47 am
Quote:
What tights goes with a light pink winter dress?

white or pink

mochamix18

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:01 am
OP I would honestly wear nude hose with a nude leather boot. It does seem they are also showing white or off white tights with this color this season (I googled) and I would still wear a nude or brown boot. While I love powder blue or pale pink with black as a general rule, for tights I think it’s a bit harsh,

Simcha36

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:14 pm
Nude, grey

grey may be out for some (per posters), and its in for many others. - if you need warm

Nude always elegant but may be cold outside...

cbg

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 9:51 pm
Black tights
Black shoes
If possible add a black belt or other accessory to tie it all together

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 5:30 pm
I like would do nude with dressy knee high boots instead of booties
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics