Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Dont want to attend simchos

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 4:24 pm
These are ppl I am close to or acquainted with. How can I be part of theur simcha without putting myself at risk?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 4:26 pm
Send a really nice gift and card

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Send a really nice gift and card

Do I write I'm not attending due to Dovid 19?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 4:27 pm
You can go with a mask at reception before it gets crowded and people start to sing and dance. Once people start dancing the air is putrid dangerous.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 4:31 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
You can go with a mask at reception before it gets crowded and people start to sing and dance. Once people start dancing the air is putrid dangerous.

I like that. Stay for chuppah socially distanced? I have a vort too.. 2 weddings

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Personally, that's what I do. I say that I have no antibodies and certain health conditions that put me at elevated risk, so I'm being cautious and not going to indoor simchos, especially with the recent uptick.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:11 pm
I call or write a mazel tov message, saying that I am still avoiding crowds, but this is a simcha I am really sorry to miss. With lots of good wishes.

And I chip in for the gifts, of course.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I like that. Stay for chuppah socially distanced? I have a vort too.. 2 weddings

Vort needs to be early before the crowds. The baalei simcha will remember you being there, the first one while they're finishing taking pictures.

No need to stay for chuppah. The singing is a known risk. Go early for reception when it isn't full yet. You'll have their full attention, you can spend 10 minutes talking to them with your mask and then slip back out. If the chuppah is outdoors, that's special and you can stay at the side.

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:12 pm
Give a polite but firm response. Use a neutral position instead of a controversial one. For example, say "I'm being very careful about Coronavirus" NOT "It's not safe for so many people to be together."
They can't disagree with you on the first one but they can try to dissuade you if you use the second.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:43 pm
We have this too. Dh is thrilled as he is a supreme introvert. No more simcha attendance required. I send a card and gift. I call if we're close. I have 2 in HS that will not let them into class if they attend any simchas, 14 day quarantine required.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No.

There is an implied judgment there. Not that I think its undeserved, but its not going to change anything.

Just say mazel tov, we're not able to attend, but wish you good things and happiness.

(I don't usually comment on typos, but I love love love the "Dovid 19" typo. Its very Logan's Run.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics