Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Yeshiva Week

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:41 pm
Is anyone planning to travel during yeshiva week? Almost every state is a hot state, and if we visit any one of them, we’ll have to quarantine upon return. Do you plan to go and then quarantine or not go at all?

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:15 am
Everyone is burned out and could desperately use a getaway. Unfortunately at this point, so much is changing literally daily that there's no way to know what will be in January. Who would have though on Labor Day that schools would now be legally closed? The quarantine chart will have changed dozens of times by then, and hopefully, our prayers will be answered and there will no longer be a quarantine map.

One thing I've learned from all this is the need to be patient and relinquish control when trying to plan in advance. We ended up taking a wonderful road trip this summer, but it was mostly planned the week before based on the goal of having as up-to-date information as we could, and even then, we still had to monitor evolving conditions once we were on the road.

So as much as you're looking forward to yeshiva week, I'd suggest waiting until at least Chanuka, and more likely New Year's, to get a better sense of what is safe and realistic for this year.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:44 am
Good points, thank you.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:52 am
Well, since even in a "good" year we don't have the financial wherewithal to go on a winter vacation we definitely don't this year with our income cut in half due to the ongoing pandemic.
So no, we're going nowhere this year. And even our usual bowling, pottery painting and trip to the mall to stock up on long sleeve tee-shirts for the summer (winter clearance) probably isn't happening.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics