Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Cost to cut sheitel?
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
It doesn't matter. The price is for the cut regardless what kind of wig it is.

I don't think that's accurate. The shaitel ladies who specialize in synthetics charge accordingly. Nobody is spending $300 to cut a wig that cost them $275 and lasts 6 months. Synthetics come already styled and just need a little touch up.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 4:36 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I’m in Lakewood and would love to know who you used please!

PM me. It could be because it was a straight cut she was cheaper, but in general her prices are very reasonable and she’s extremely talented.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 4:38 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Omg where. That’s the highest I’ll pay for a cut unfortunately idk how people can afford to pay 600+ for a cut on a shaitel!

But I guess I’m lucky, because my mother is a hair dresser and stylist on the side and I can easily send a shaitel to her....

Lakewood, though I’m sure you can find in bp reasonably priced girls as well. I personally like to use newer girls who give you more time then a super famous and amazing but expensive shaitel macher.. but that’s just me.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:54 pm
I live in Connecticut and I paid $70 to get my human hair sheitel cut. I think the cut came out very nice and doesn't look cheap. You don't need to overpay in order to get a beautiful cut.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 5:59 pm
Monsey. Paid $150 and that included a wash and set also after.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:11 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Why the horror? You don't need to use someone that charges that much. It's all about skill, education and demand.
In the non Jewish world there are some top stylists that charge 2k for a haircut. And that grows back in 4 weeks.

You can always go to a Chinese salon (not recommended!) and pay $25 but you may be ruining a very expensive wig.

Education?

A shaitel macher?

Lets talk about MBA, GMAT, Doctors, - their hourly is not that high, and their education is x 10000 of your "educated" shaitel macher.

Love it

Education.

;-)

How about my college tution loans of 100k?

Shaitel Macher Education?

really????

Is everyone in la la land?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:13 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
What about Chana Hinda Hammer? I heard she's good but expensive. Is someone like her worth the money?

I personally think she’s worth the money but everyone spends on different things...

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Monsey. Paid $150 and that included a wash and set also after.

Can you share?

forgetit

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:27 pm
OP, up to $275, I'd say you pay for quality. After that, my assumption is that you're paying for a brand. Decide if that's what you want.

ddmom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:41 pm
My sheitel macher charges $200 for a new sheitel in Lakewood.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Education?

A shaitel macher?

Lets talk about MBA, GMAT, Doctors, - their hourly is not that high, and their education is x 10000 of your "educated" shaitel macher.

Love it

Education.

;-)

How about my college tution loans of 100k?

Shaitel Macher Education?

really????

Is everyone in la la land?

Wow. Chill.
Education is only one of the 3 qualities I mentioned.
Why are you comparing them to doctors? Where does that come in? I'm sorry about your tuition loans. Maybe consider going into the stylist industry, building your skill and desirability and then you can also charge whatever clients will be willing to pay.

People can charge what they feel they're worth.
You don't need to pay it. There are sheitelmachers a dime a dozen, plenty to choose from.

Any skilled work will pay more than unskilled work. It's a fact.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 8:45 pm
OOT, very well trained and experienced shaitel macher. Charges up to $100 depending on how much needs to be done re cut and style.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 4:21 am
Found someone for $175.00.

From what I gather, I’m getting a bargain -
For me it’s a lot of money (I do admin work and make $23.00 an hour) But I guess you do what you gotta do.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 4:30 am
I always get my wigs cut by the person I buy it from for this reason.. it’s always included in the purchase price.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 4:41 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I always get my wigs cut by the person I buy it from for this reason.. it’s always included in the purchase price.

Same here. I only buy from a sheitel macher who knows how to cut well...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels