Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Harry Potter mistakes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:09 am
imanonymous wrote:
Shakla v'tarya on Harry Potter? Sources?

A shanda!

Tongue Out

Should I be learning gemara instead?

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:12 am
singleagain wrote:
I don't remember it was either some Harry Potter fan website probably supercrawling brothers talk about it I'm sure they are a very great resource for Harry Potter theories and such I just don't remember an interview or or something like that

Wait. You also watch the Super Carlin Brothers? I'm not the only one?? They are amazing in their depth and geekiness. And the videos are clean!

tigerwife

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:13 am
youngishbear wrote:
And to drive the plot of an officially approved piece of fanfiction that contradicts and affirms everything in the books in a weird way.

Ah, yes... my brain doesn’t officially accept The Cursed Child as part the HP series so I didn’t think of that...

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:14 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Should I be learning gemara instead?

Hmm... that's an interesting shaila.

Last edited by amother on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:14 am
tigerwife wrote:
Ah, yes... my brain doesn’t officially accept The Cursed Child as part the HP series so I didn’t think of that...

I refuse to read or watch The Cursed Child on principle. It is not part of canon, and that's that.

Humph.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:15 am
I always find it incredible how the sorcerer’s stone was guarded heavily to prevent a wizard as powerful as Voldemort from accessing it yet a few 11 year olds manage to have the skills and luck to break through in one attempt. Pretty cool.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:15 am
imanonymous wrote:
I refuse to read or watch The Cursed Child on principle. It is not part of canon, and that's that.

Humph.

Can we be friends? I second the Humph.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:18 am
tigerwife wrote:
I always find it incredible how the sorcerer’s stone was guarded heavily to prevent a wizard as powerful as Voldemort from accessing it yet a few 11 year olds manage to have the skills and luck to break through in one attempt. Pretty cool.

The whole series is kind of about that, no? How did Harry resist the magic of the Horcrux, Tom Riddle's diary? You could say that it's a deus ex machina, but the underlying theme of the entire series is that love is more powerful than hate in the end. The mirror? Lily's protection that Voldemort could not break, no matter how many times he tried? Fawkes healing Harry? It's all love.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:18 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Can we be friends? I second the Humph.

Gladly!

groovy1224

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:21 am
This isn't exactly a mistake, but I could never keep track of the value of the currency. It seemed like there was no consistency to it. Always bugged me.

chicco

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:22 am
1. You can't resolve everything because it was written by a fallible human.

2. If Quirrel dies because he can't handle being touched by Harry with Voldemort inside of him, how was he able to shake Harry's hand in the Leaky Cauldron without crumbling? He was already wearing the turban and carrying Voldemort with him.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:23 am
I also find it hard to believe that Fred and George never spied on Ron from the Marauder’s Map and saw that he slept with someone named Peter nightly. I also can’t believe how they gave it up!

tigerwife

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:25 am
imanonymous wrote:
The whole series is kind of about that, no? How did Harry resist the magic of the Horcrux, Tom Riddle's diary? You could say that it's a deus ex machina, but the underlying theme of the entire series is that love is more powerful than hate in the end. The mirror? Lily's protection that Voldemort could not break, no matter how many times he tried? Fawkes healing Harry? It's all love.

That’s true. To be clear, I love the series and it doesn’t really bother me at all. Just sometimes we get caught up in things and when we look back, it’s funny how things could look objectively.

Was just thinking of in LOTR, when Frodo and Sam and rescued from Mordor by the eagles... you mean they could have just flown directly into Mordor all this time??

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:29 am
tigerwife wrote:
I also find it hard to believe that Fred and George never spied on Ron from the Marauder’s Map and saw that he slept with someone named Peter nightly. I also can’t believe how they gave it up!

Yes, that was rather convenient.

I'm getting confused for a minute - did seeing Peter Pettigrew on the map happen in the book, or only in the movie?

Last edited by amother on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:30 am
chicco wrote:

2. If Quirrel dies because he can't handle being touched by Harry with Voldemort inside of him, how was he able to shake Harry's hand in the Leaky Cauldron without crumbling? He was already wearing the turban and carrying Voldemort with him.

But Voldemort wasn't showing his face yet at that point... I don't know.

Last edited by amother on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:41 am
Ive always thought that introducing the concept of time travel was the biggest mistake JK Rowling could’ve possibly made. It invalidates every single thing that happened, because it all could’ve possibly been changed.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Ive always thought that introducing the concept of time travel was the biggest mistake JK Rowling could’ve possibly made. It invalidates every single thing that happened, because it all could’ve possibly been changed.

Yes - hence the premise of The Cursed Child.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:46 am
Hate the Cursed Child...hate hate hate
(Sorry just ranting)

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:47 am

singleagain

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:47 am
watergirl wrote:
Wait. You also watch the Super Carlin Brothers? I'm not the only one?? They are amazing in their depth and geekiness. And the videos are clean!

I love supercarlin Brothers.
All their vids and theories etc

chicco wrote:

2. Voldemort wasn't living in quirrels head yet. He moved in during the first year
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics